Morgane and Emily are probably my favourites, which, you know, lesbians and pirates, what more could you want. Could you tell more about your pirate gays, like random facts or headcanons or something?
Ahhh I love those messages so much. I can definitely tell you a bit more.
- First of all, they aren’t lesbians! They are both pansexuals, and Emily is aro. She still cares deeply about people she’s close to (like you would a best friend or family), especially Morgane, but just… don’t want/need/feel romantic love in any way. She does like sex, tho. Neither of them is monogamous.
- Morgane is terrible at sailing at the time she meets Emily, but way better at handling a sword and a gun than her. She’s also a really good cartographer.
- While Emily put their crew together and is the one knowing how to sail, she may appear to be the Captain of their ship, but Morgane is better at handling parleys and with human connections in general, making her as important and in-charge. Also the ship technically belongs to Morgane. They are both considered Captain by their crew, and they both learn a lot from each other.
- Emily is a very tender person with people she likes/are vulnerable/helpless/in need, but nobody believes it because of her usual violent cruelness towards people she dislikes
- Morgane was originally created as being from (”French”) Polynesia (the Ra'iātea island) , loving the ocean and being chosen by mermaids as Guardian of The Ocean’s Secrets (it’s an important plotpoint so I won’t get into that further). With Moana out now, I’m considering changing some things because the similarities bother me a lot.
- One of the Mermaids is in love with Morgane. Said Mermaid really hates Emily, and not because of jealousy.
- An old crew member once made a comment about women not having a place on a ship (+ other crass suggestions) and was promptly thrown overboard and fed to sharks by Emily after she shot him in the nuts pointblank
- They are both morally grey people. Doing lots of bad things for the right reasons.
- Morgane’s name isn’t her real name. Also, she hates seafood.
- As of now, Emily has 19 major and visible scars on her body. Both of them have tattoos.
That’s all I can think of right now, if I keep going I’ll just write you the novel of their adventures. But we’ll wait for the comic to be out for that!
for confused people: More about my comic & the characters