hey i just started watching your character design stream from earlier, and i saw that list of like characteristics and important things about that character?? (i cant find it again in the video so i cant remember all i saw) just wondering what you usually put on that list when you make characters? im trying to start on a comic but i have trouble focusing and setting goals so i can never make these lists for myself
Here’s the list of character design questions:
- What is this character’s primary shape? (Curves? Triangles? Arches? etc)
- How does clothing augment this character’s personality?
- What is important information that needs to be shown about this character?
- Name two or three repeating design elements.
- Name the primary, secondary, and supporting colours of this character.
- How does this character move?
I’ve based the questions off this awesome article. It goes more in depth with what makes good character design and things you should consider when developing the look for your comic’s cast.
I hope these help. Good luck with your comic! :D