Wonder Woman's Bracelets
(***I’m a closet witch so I have to type this all on mobile, sorry if any formatting is weird! Also this is my first spell I’ve ever written, and I’m very !!!!! about it.)
So I was HELLA inspired by Wonder Woman, I absolutely loved it, and–you, you reading this? YOU SHOULD GO SEE IT. Minor disclaimer, I have never read a single Wonder Woman comic in my life, so everything that I know about her is based on her movie and DC Comics Wiki Page. Anywho, let’s get started!
LUDENDORFF: What are you?
DIANA: I am Diana of Themyscira, daughter of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons.
Wonder Woman’s cuff-bracelets are called the Bracelets of Submission, and are worn by all Amazons. They serve as a reminder of the oppression the Amazons felt under Hercules, and also as protection to their wearer. For this spell, we’re going to keep both of these things in mind.
Preferably, a set of bracelets you wear almost every day. Alternatively, you could use earrings, rings, hair rubber bands, anklets, socks. Basically, two separate articles, with one worn on your right and your left.
I’m not super huge into timing, so you can do this whenever you want. I like Wednesday because of alliteration.
Time to channel your inner badass Amazon. Do some self care! Take a witchy bath, smother yourself in lotion, do a face mask, etc. Do whatever you need to do to feel epic and unstoppable. And put on some clothes that make you feel confident! Also, grab your phone or laptop, and get Wonder Woman’s theme queued up. (I believe her theme is titled “Wonder Woman’s Wrath. Listen to it before/during/after the spell to pump you up.)
1) Do your normal pre-spell set up. Ground and cleanse, cast a circle, call on your deities, scream at the void, etc.
2) Cleanse the objects you’re going to enchant.
3) Meditate on the badassery of the Amazons and Wonder Woman. Remember your favorite scene(s) from the movie. Picture yourself as an Amazon, fighting next to Wonder Woman. Feel the power and strength course through you with every breath. You’re fucking AWESOME. Revel in it.
4) Take the item to be worn on your dominant side, and hold it in your dominant hand. Internally or aloud, say
“I have endured oppression and wish to see it eliminated. I am kept safe from oppression, and fight to free others. I am strong and protected. Protect me so I may protect others. My oppression has made me s t r o n g e r.”
Don the item.
5) Take the item to be worn on your non-dominant side, and hold it in your non-dominant hand. Internally or aloud, say
“I have endured oppression and wish to see it eliminated. Change is the way of the world, even though there are those who fight against progress. I fight to bring progress. Protect me and guide me in my quest to aid others. My oppression has made me w i s e r.”
Don the item.
6) Strike a power pose. My personal favorite is feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, hands on hips, shoulders rolled back and down. Internally or aloud, say
“I am Power. I am Progress. I am protected through the power of these [items]. What once weakened me now strengthens me.”
7) Hold your arms out in a W shape. Close your eyes and feel your power. Visualize it, and make it your own. It can be lightning, water, energy, cats, etc. When you feel ready, cross your wrists in front of you. This is the fun part: you get to come up with an identifying phrase like Diana, following her format.
“I am [name] of [place], [identifying adjective] of [insert forces here]. I am Wonder [Person].”
Go crazy with it. Do you want to be the guardian of bees? Sweet. Do you want to be the destroyer of the gender binary? Awesomesauce. Do you want to be the patron of under appreciated vegetables? Hell yeah. The forces can be any elements you like, schools of witchcraft you follow, deities you worship, or whatever you like. Make it personal. Make it you! And make it AWESOME!
8) Now, wear these items whenever you need strength and/or protection against anything. Wear them to school to ward against bullshit. Wear them to work to protect you from stress. Whenever you wear put these items on, stand in front of your mirror in your favorite power pose. Cross your wrists and say “I am Wonder [Person].”
And that’s it! This is my first spell, so any constructive criticism would be nice! If you decide to do this spell, let me know how it went for you!✨YOU ARE AWESOME.✨ ✨YOU ARE WONDER.✨