- Person:Is your father Dutch?
- Me:No he is Egyptian
- Person:Oh wow you can speak pretty good Dutch for a foreigner
- Me:it's not like I was born and parly raised in the Netherlands or something :)))
- Person:You are also pretty western for a muslim girl
- Me::)))))) *internally screaming*
I agree completely that Islam is not a violent religion. However, I believe that the Muslim community doesn't do enough to report and prevent extremism. I watched a documentary on Jihadism in the UK. One Muslim community's excuse for not reporting a young man who was known for asking the mosque leaders questions like why they don't kill all infidels etc. was that they didn't want there to be backlash against Muslims. For me, that's not good enough. If they're against them, do something about it.