Whether you admit it or not, you’ve caught yourself singing one of The Killers’ anthems in the past 10 years. Aside from being the Las Vegas rockers who are the brains behind the dustland fairytales we love, here are 30 killer reasons why you should fall victim to Brandon, Ronnie, Mark, and Dave –
1. They are the best British band to come out of America.
2. They’re probably named The Killers because their looks… can kill.
5. aka Brandon Flowers (coolest name ever). Lead singer. Killer smile.
Die from the cute.
6. He’s also a bit of a fashion icon.
7. Their guitarist is a major flirt.
8. And his HAIRFLIP? It’s better than porn.
9. He also really really likes his cat videos.
10. “No, he doesn’t look a thing like Jesus…” But their Bassist does.
11. He’s always got something significant to say.
12. And then you have the drummer (he’s got moves)…
13. Plus, his beard.
14. Girls just want to have fun. Well, so do The Killers.
15. And we love that one time they've all (aka Dave) had a little too much cookies.
16. They don’t apologize for having opinions.
“Emo, pop-punk, whatever you want to call it, is dangerous. We don’t wanna dislike anyone, and we’ve still never met Fall Out Boy, but there’s a creature inside me that wants to beat all those bands to death.”
17. But when they do, it’s epic.
“Green Day, I said some shit. But that was the old me.” (x)
18. They wrote a murder trilogy.
“I’d love James Spader to be in it, and we’re trying to pin him down now. Basically, it’s the tale of a girl leaving her boyfriend (Leave The Bourbon On The Shelf), him killing her (Midnight Show) and then getting caught (Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine).“
19. Sometimes, they have the most ridiculous lyrics.
20. But they’re actually pretty brilliant.
21. And hits you right in the feels.
22. Their music videos are always so cinematic or star-studded.
Featured: Eric Roberts, Lily Cole, Lou Reed, Winona Ryder, Max Minghella, Bella Heathcote, Dianna Agron, Owen Wilson. Directors: Tim Burton, Matthew Gray-Gubler, David Slade.
23. And they know how to pump out a crowd and sell out arenas.
24. Brandon really likes touching chests.
“It’s hard if you narrow the question down to only that I touch Dave’s chest - I touch Mark’s too and sometimes the mic cable’s just not long enough to get to Ronnie’s.”
25. They like to show off their tongue…
26. To each other.
27. Look at how they clearly dislike each other.
Brandon wasn’t giving Ronnie a lapdance, nope.
28. But actually, they’re proof that a Mormon Republican (Brandon), an Atheist Independent (Mark), a Secular Catholic Democrat (Ronnie), and a Jedi (Dave) can get along very well, actually.