May 22, 2015
Airstrikes Continue Against ISIL in Syria, Iraq
From a Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve News Release
SOUTHWEST ASIA, May 22, 2015 – U.S. and coalition military forces
have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Combined Joint Task Force Operation
Inherent Resolve officials reported today.
Officials reported details of the latest strikes, which took
place between 8 a.m. yesterday and 8 a.m. today, local time, noting that
assessments of results are based on initial reports.
Airstrikes in Syria
Attack and fighter aircraft conducted five airstrikes in Syria:
– Near Hasakah, two airstrikes destroyed an ISIL vehicle and an ISIL vehicle-borne improvised explosive device.
– Near Dayr Az Zawr, two airstrikes struck two ISIL wellheads.
– Near Kobani, one airstrike destroyed an ISIL fighting positon.
Airstrikes in Iraq
Attack, bomber, fighter and remotely piloted conducted 15 airstrikes in Iraq, approved by the Iraqi Ministry of Defense:
– Near Asad, two airstrikes destroyed five ISIL buildings.
– Near Haditha, one airstrike struck an ISIL staging area.
– Near Mosul, four airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit, destroying
two ISIL tunnel systems, an ISIL motorcycle, an ISIL vehicle and an
– Near Ramadi, five airstrikes struck an ISIL
tactical unit, destroying five ISIL armored vehicles, two ISIL tanks,
two ISIL vehicles, an ISIL armored personnel carrier, three ISIL IEDs,
five abandoned tanks, two abandoned armored personnel carriers and two
abandoned armored vehicles.
– Near Sinjar, three airstrikes
struck three ISIL tactical units, destroying four ISIL buildings, two
ISIL heavy machine guns and an ISIL mortar system.