I was wondering if you/your followers had any advice about doing your own makeup? I've never taken the time or had the patience before, and I feel like with my fine motor issues I'd just make a mess. I don't want to do anything too drastic, maybe just a nice lip color and some eyeliner when I'm in the mood.
I have issues with my fine motor skills too and i’m uber lazy. I’ll tell you some easy beginner tips i’ve learnt:
For a no make up- make up:
- BB cream, you apply it just as a facial cream, it hides imperfections while protects you from sunlight and also it evens your skin tone and gives you a glowy look
- A pink/peach blush (you apply it with a brush but you can also find it in cream or mousse to dab it with your fingers). Sometimes I just put lipstick on my cheeks and rub it very well
- A soft color on your lips. Chapstick or lipgloss is easier for me than lipstick.
If you have more time:
- Apply a soft eyeshadow with your fingers. Light brown or peach might work with most skin tones. White eyeshadow under your eyebrows arc and on the inner corner of your eyelids gives you bigger and more awake eyes
- Put on some mascara. I’d recommend to practice curling your lashes with a spoon or an eye lash curler, whatever is easier for your hands. Meanwhile you learn, there’s transparent mascara that won’t show if you mess up
- Comb your eye brows. Honestly I use either black or transparent mascara on them to make them look fuller. Eye liner works for me too
- Using an intense lip color will make you seem as if you wore more make up than you do
- Compact powder, with or without the BB cream will make your skin look matte. It does wonders on oily skin
If you mastered everything before:
- The ultimate test is to learn how to use eyeliner. There’s gel, liquid and pencil eyeliner. I can’t draw with gel and i find liquid easier. Mastering the cat eye is all about trial and error.
This are my lazy girl’s basics. If you want something more complex, @the-zombs-macabre is your girl.
Send selfies when you do your make up!