Princess Mononoke (1997) - Hayao Miyazaki
5 bullets on this film:
- I watched this movie when I was 7 and I cried because it was the most exciting experience of my life. I remember I tried to explain the plot to my mom and she was like ‘what’. Then, 8 years later, I re-watched it and I cried because it was the most exciting experience of my life. Again.
- I JUST LOVE HAYAO MIYAZAKI SO MUCH. ALL OF HIS MOVIES ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND I ALWAYS DIE WHEN I WATCH THEM. I LOVE THE IMAGINARY WORLDS HE CREATES FOR HIS FILMS AND I LOVE EVERYTHING.
- I really like the presence of strong feminine characters in this film. The scenery is so detailed and beautiful, and the scenes in the forest are amazing. All of the characters are very well developed and they all have an interesting backstory.
- The story is complex and it can be a little confusing if you don’t know Japanese myths, but the plot is still amazing.
- Don’t be a little bitch and be like 'oooh,anime is for nerds heueheueh animated movies are for kids and I only watch films in english’. That’s just dumb and you would be an uncultured swine. Every type of movie is good in it’s own way and we can’t judge a film by it’s style. Ok? bye.