I was thinking about this post about the good girl/bad boy trope, and the type of dudes I prefer to bad boys:
- Big dude who looks like he could fold you like a pretzel, who people avoid because…well, pretzels, but is actually a gentle giant
- Big, gruff, taciturn dude who doesn’t want to let people in (but can’t seem to help collecting strays and friends anyway)
- Reformed Bad boy who has already grown up and out of his ~bad boy phase, but has to deal with constant suspicion and distrust due to his reputation
- Dudes who have done morally questionable shit to protect or help people and are okay with being alone as long as the people he loves are happy
- Dudes who have somehow acquired a bad boy rep and don’t understand how, but okay, he’s finally stopped fighting it
- Dudes who aren’t entirely sure how to express their emotions and who show their affection in potentially weird and untraditional ways, but they’re learning, okay?