CLOSED: Bird Art Competition!
To celebrate my getting married next month I’ve been thinking of holding a competition for a little bit of fun.
Now, I wanted to do something that I would enjoy seeing but also that ANYONE can enter. Some of your birds don’t like their photos taken (I know mine doesn’t), and I know some people feel disinclined to enter art competitions because they feel that their drawings aren’t good enough.
Whilst yes this is an art competition, it’s NOT about who draws the best. Far from it. If you wanna win, make me laugh, make me smile, give me your worst.
There will be three categories to this competition, as following:
Blind Bird Drawing
With your eyes closed, draw a bird of your choice. Things are guaranteed to be out of place, and that it excellent. Please go only with your first drawing attempt, as that’s probably going to end up being the worst one (plus I don’t want to take up too much of your time).
Non-dominant Bird Drawing
With your non-dominant hand, draw a bird of your choice. These are honestly some of my favourites because they can end up so messed up. I myself am right handed, and my left handed drawing is even worse than my blind drawing. Even if you are ambidextrous you may have one hand that draws worse than the other. If not, then… well, there are two other entries you can make. Again, please only go with your first drawing attempt.
Bad Bird Drawing
Draw a bird of your choice… deliberately badly. If you suck at drawing, you can draw badly. If you’re great at art, you can draw badly. For this I don’t mind if you go over your drawing to ‘correct’ it, I want the stupidest derpiest bird you can manage.
- You may only enter one drawing per category, and you are allowed to enter all three categories.
- You may send another and ask to switch entry, but you still only get one entry. (although if you draw further pictures I won’t mind you sending them to me, just state that it is for fun rather than competition)
- Obviously no vulgar content.
- If you want to colour that’s up to you, but abide by the category rules if you choose to do so.
- You do not have to be following me to submit an entry, anyone is welcome.
- Entries must be submitted before midnight GMT on April 18th 2017.
- Please send your entries via submit on my home page.
- Winners will be announced after the 18th, possibly on the 19th.
- Anonymous entries cannot win, but will still be accepted because I get it if you still wanna play but feel too embarrassed.
So what do you get for winning? …well… …a measly postcard. Like, I’ll try to pick out one with a nice design. And on that I will draw a bird of your choosing (species or individual), either in the styles of the categories of the competition or just a nice drawing (attempt). I will need some form of address to send the card to. If you’re uncomfortable revealing your address you may still enter, but if you win a runner up will be chosen in your stead. I will send to anywhere in the world, but be aware that it’s gonna take a hella long time.
Remember, I don’t want good drawings. This is just for a laugh, and if you make me smile then that’s points towards you. I will be judging along with my partner and posting winners and runners up when I get the time.
If there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Edit: The competition is now closed! Thanks to everyone who entered, I will be deciding the winners later.