why do you like aaron gross
okay w o w this is such a loaded question
I’m going to ignore the use of the word gross here unless you literally want to fight me. The short answer to that question is that I started loving Aaron the most when I realized literally no one else did, but there’s a lot more to it than that.
Let’s take a little journey together:
- Aaron Minyard is the most underappreciated character in the whole of the TFC fandom
- literally Jean, Jeremy, and Bee get more love than him and all of them just have the briefest scattering of scenes like???
- the only person ya’ll talk about less is Seth, and he literally died after one book, whereas Aaron is a major player in all three
- I feel like in general the fandom despises Aaron because Neil despises Aaron, which is natural and all because the book is in Neil’s POV so we’re literally trained to think the way he thinks, but I can’t stand that mentality tbh
- Also, typically I’ve noticed a lot of people don’t dive in enough to understand that Aaron and Andrew are a lot more similar than everyone seems to think
- you hear over and over again how Andrew would burn the world for Aaron, that Aaron’s well being is far more important than anyone else’s
- but how often do we consider the fact that Aaron would burn the world for Andrew, too?
- We spend a lot of time devoting ourselves to Neil, Andrew, and Kevin (and even Jean, for crying out loud) because they have these uniquely horrible pasts that they have to overcome through the series
- Okay. Cool. Awesome. I love me so damn character development and redemption and revenge as much as the next reader
- But are we forgetting Aaron’s past? Aaron’s present even? And how much all that has happened to Aaron and to Andrew has literally ruined Aaron’s life and how hard he’s had to work to come to terms with it?
- let’s take a trip back in time, to a young Aaron living alone with Tilda