So I apparently have the habit of turning Children’s shows into vaguely terrifying pieces of industrial music.
More samples from Magical Boy, my mashup album about finding an original identity unique from those who influence you. Things got really weird really fast, though I kind of like it.
I think I’m finally getting the hang of ¾ and 6/8 time signatures…. even if I have to seriously fudge my music together to make it. The Rhythm is a continuation of the circus-y sound I made with New Soul in my last WIP post, except this time the rhythm is created out of the track Amalgam from Steven Universe. In the original show, the song isn’t particularly dark or terrifying… its a hip-hop-ish, jazzy piano-driven piece meant to represent the fusion of Pearl and Amethyst into Opal. The way I cut it up though kinda sorta reveals the Nine Inch Nails influence I have.
Just for the heck of it, I included a sample of the chopped Steven Universe song at the end of the track so you guys can hear just how badly I chopped it.
- Amalgam Aivi and Surasshu from the SU episode Giant Woman (various elements)
- Ask Lovecraft - ASMR Leeman Kessler (vocal chops) @ask-lovecraft
- Where I’m From Jay-Z (various elements)
- Your Father Would Be Proud John Williams from Star Wars: Rogue One (Strings)
- Celestica Crystal Castles (Strings)(I reversed the song)
- My Favorite Things Percy Faith covering The Sound of Music (Strings)