Actual conversation with a colleague
- Him: I just had a weird idea
- Me: Go on...
- Him: I was thinking about Philip K. Dick and how his novels got big after he died. Imagine if you could use electrical waves to send ideas through corpses in a cemetery.
- Me: You basically want to email Philip K. Dick to let him know how successful he is?
- Him: Yeah, email his dead brain directly.
- Me: That is a very weird thought, but what's weirder is that I can see exactly where you're coming from and agree completely.
- Him: Could someone in theory work out the electrical make up of an emotion like love and then just walk around transmitting it?
- Me: The world would be a much better place.
- Him: It would. Let's divert all this money from defense spending. Just plough it into love machines...