Today’s pre-WOD was push press 5x5. I partnered up with two other ladies who were doing 55lb and although it was heavy for me, I managed! I got a nice like PR gold star for it being the heaviest push press I’ve done.
The workout of the day was:
10 thrusters / burpee over the bar
8 thrusters / burpee over the best
6 of each
4 of each
2 of each
Thrusters I did at 25lb and tried to work on going as low as I can while keeping my chest upright. I choose running, which in 30~ degree weather was pretty chilly. Burpees weren’t as bad as they felt last week. I finished last in my class at 16:22, but it felt like a good workout so I’ll take it.
OMG I am so obsessed with these . 💪🏽. I am always looking for new exercises to implement within my training program – so so so useful. Although, most of the graphics say workout for women I d believe there are some great workouts for men too.
- you’ll lose 20 - 40% more body fat
- burn more calories
- increases daily energy
- you will NOT get bulky ( if you’re a girl, you don’t produce enough testosterone to get humongous silly )
- heavier you lift, the leaner you get
- build stronger bones
- stronger healthier heart
- you’ll get fit and toned ( cuz who doesn’t want that, right? )
- increased growth hormones