So there are people who don't like Tyrion? But... but he's... okay.
Oh, darling. I feel like I’m telling you there is no Santa Claus.
Tyrion is very unpopular on tumblr, and that lack of popularity carries over to ff.net and AO3. Once I read Sansa/Sandor in which there was a very graphic description of Sandor cutting Tyrion’s pustuled head off. Tyrion is perceived as very threatening to the very popular SanSan ship.
In my opinion, the reasons for Tyrion’s unpopularity, in vague, unspoilerish terms, are
1. Tumblr is a haven for Cersei fans, and sometimes Cersei fans hate all the things Cersei hates
2. The Fandom Elite bloggers do not like Tyrion. Full stop.
3. Tyrion does a lot of things that are often, in my opinion, misinterpreted as misogynistic. I believe there are a lot of other reasons behind Tyrion’s actions, as do many other people who have combed through his chapters in the books (unlike the people who skim everything to do with him because they have decided they hate him). In my opinion, Tyrion is just as misogynistic as most men in Westeros (which, LBR, is pretty grossly misogynistic), but interpretations vary.
4. In the most recent book, he “stops being funny” (unless you enjoy black humor). It would be very unrealistic for him to be funny in this situation, but what can you do.
5. In Tyrion’s backstory, relayed to the viewer/reader in S1/book 1, when Tywin finds out that 13 year old Tyrion has married a girl met on the road and Jaime announces the girl was a prostitute, Tywin orders the girl (Tysha) gang-raped by Lannister guardsmen and Tyrion is forced to participate in the rape. Many people consider Tyrion to be a rapist for this, when in reality, he was forced to participate in an unwanted sexual act as well, with his own father as his abuser.
Before Lanfear reached the stones of the quay, Moiraine lifted her skirts higher and began running straight toward her. Quick as she was, Lan was quicker, ignoring her shout of, “No, Lan!” Sword coming out, long legs carried him ahead of her, color-shifting cloak waving behind as he charged.
–The Fires of Heaven
Lan moved. He did not draw his sword, and against Aes Sedai he should have had no chance if he had, no chance in any case, but one moment he was standing still and the next he had thrown himself at the pair. Just before he struck, he grunted as though hit hard, but he crashed into them, carrying both Black sisters to the dusty floor. That opened the sluicegates wide.
So I am currently halfway through The Eye of the World and I fucking love it. But I have a lot of Perrin feelings so I am having to resist the urge to skip Rand’s whining to get to Perrin’s awesomeness. Must resist….will miss important plot points….
"You know that you only feel whole when I’m inside you." I don't think I'll ever recover from this post. I think I might ship Church/State angst.
Sho (thestarkinwinterfell) is the Goddess of Words. She’s 69% of my fanfiction tag. I hear her blog’s insured for 10,000 gold dragons. Sometimes Always she writes porn … and it’s incest. She ships ships before the ship even exists. And then everyone starts to ship it. One time she followed me … it was awesome.
X-Files. I don’t
post about it a lot, but I loved in in High School, and rewatching the
whole series with my now-partner was a seriously intense bonding
Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. I owe my
interest in early 20th century European history to this show, in which
Indy meets pretty much everyone who was anyone. And also Sean Patrick Flannery is BEAUTIFUL.
Zhaan, a character from farscape. (She’s blue. She’s a plant. She’s wise and powerful and mostly gentle but not afraid to stand up for those she loves and I JUST LOVE HER.)
1. What does their home look like? Do they have any favorite rooms?
Their home is a total mess omg. There are clothes and stakes strewn everywhere. Buffy occasionally tries to clean but it goes back to the way it was after like a day so she just gives up after a while. I suspect Faith rigs up a sparring area or something and they spend a lot of time in there.
7. Do they cuddle? Any favorite positions to cuddle in or places to cuddle?
They do sometimes, in bed, but Faith would kill anyone who found out. And sometimes she likes draping herself over Buffy when they’re laying around watching TV or something.
15. Which one of them said “I love you” first? When did it happen?
You know, I’m not sure they ever really say the words out loud, but they just kinda know. The closest they ever got was after battle #349837 where Faith did something dumb and heroic and almost died, and Buffy was like “oh my god, how could you take such a stupid risk, don’t you know that I-” and Faith was like “Jesus, B, take a chill pill, I’m fine” and kissed her.
27. What do they like watching? Do they binge-watch?
Faith likes watching anything with hot people or explosions. Buffy will watch anything that doesn’t have obnoxious dudes on it (that time Faith made her sit through a few seasons ofSupernatural was difficult), but her comfort shows are things on Food Network that involve baked goods and Project Runway.
So I looked at your Zutara playlist post and saw All You Wanted by Michelle Branch. So I thought, Michelle Branch, I like Michelle Branch, Michelle Branch is harmless, this won't end in tears. And while I'll skip a play by play of feels, by the end, when the music got quiet and it went "please can you tell me so I can finally see where you go when you're gone," I Lost It. Thank you for that.