This is post #17,002 (yes there have been plenty of deletions since August 2012, but whatever). Goodness me.
- Out of curiosity, I went back in my blog to see how long I’ve been doing the weekly Sunday morning fixture of words of wisdom (tagged, along with other non-Sunday morning pearls of wisdom as, “wisdom”). I’ve been doing it since March or April of last year. Has it really been that long? No matter, I hope you’ve been enjoying the Sunday morning wisdom and subsequent nature scene when you scroll back through your dashboards.
- I was once a diligent-ish student. I wouldn’t procrastinate too hard, finishing homework assignments before late afterhours (that’s not a single word, according to my instant spellcheck). So the event of yours truly doing a lengthy written assignment into 1 or 2 AM the night before it is due used to never happen. It’s happened plenty of times this school year, and it happened last night for my land use policy class. It’s a rotten feeling and, yes, I know some of you wondering what the hell am I complaining about… but it’s just that, I hate not having the energy to be more diligent right now.
- My real-life schedule is going to be hell in very short order:
- 5/3 and 5/4: high-stakes job interviews for my highest-priority post-grad school job apps… both interviews are in LA (for things in Sacramento) and, yes, I’ll be navigating traffic
- 5/5: significant deadline for the final project for my master’s program
- 5/8: leading discussion for polisci seminar… a seminar filled with polisci phd candidates that all speak a hell of a lot better than I can
- 5/9: land use policy midterm
- Btw, school doesn’t finish until mid-June. Will my sanity be intact by then? I guess we’ll all know in several weeks. :P
- Probably gonna knock out another Ghibli movie tomorrow. More on that later. Probably no time for a write-up, though. :/