Goal 1: Toews Goal 2: Hossa Goal 3: Hossa Goal 4: Panarin *Game Notes* - Corey records his 21st shutout of his career (2nd in a week). Anisimov’s point-streak increases to 9 games, thanks to a secondary assist on Hossa’s goal*
1) I am 6'3" and that means you need a bigger bed. You won’t fit on mine because I don’t fit on mine.
2) I don’t like love songs, and The Notebook is bullshit.
3) My self esteem is a helium balloon that’s been in the hospital room of my dying convictions for a few days too long.
4) My tinder profile has taught me that pretty girls don’t think I’m pretty but they’ll drink until they don’t care.
5) My waistline waxes and wanes as the taxes of my self disdain start to materialize on a body and mind strained by compulsion and expulsion of meals and the only real friends I have.
6) The hollowed out cheeks from the three pack a week streaks is something that scares me, so I don’t smoke anymore. I don’t smoke any less, either.
7) I haven’t taken my meds in eleven months because the lightning of amphetamines seems like such an extreme just for me to seem normal to you. I’m not normal. And no you can’t buy them.
8) I never learned from my mother or from the embrace of any lover how to paint with all the colors of my own self doubt. A low self esteem collar of sorts for any art that was any thing but gray. So to this day I write about my exes, my vexes, and the Venn diagram that they then form together.
9) There are gonna be days where I want to die. There are gonna be days where I cry and give in to my impulses. There are gonna be days where I fly away from my responsibilities and you. There are gonna be days where the winding ways and haphazard haze of my mind grind away at yours.
I have no track record of relationship success, I’m an awkward, broken mess. These days I’m all chewed lips, scars, and stress, and I’ll probably never get over you.
10) I tend to say too much.
I had the sudden urge to doodle the angriest, DIY-iest Jay of them all– the one who apparently doesn’t own a sewing kit and says really lame things like “You get points for effort. No you don’t. You get dead.”
Len is standing by the bar, studying the menu written in chalk on a board above it when Mick nudges him in the back. “Check him out.”
Len obligingly lets his gaze follow Mick’s and come to a stop at a booth. Its only occupant is a young guy hunched over his phone with a glass of water in front of him. Len turns back to Mick and shoots him a quick smile to show his approval. They rarely invite other people home but this stranger is sufficiently easy on the eyes to consider.
I’m not sure where this scene will even wind up in the final narrative, but I suddenly, desperately wanted to share this. Why? I don’t have the slightest idea. Lack of emotional regulation, probably. *shrugs*
it’s been burning a hole in both my hard-drive and my soul
to reassure you the story is far from abandoned, even if I’m currently obsessing over Mordin?
to reassure myself that this crazy AU plot and its associated characters have value?
to give you an update even though there’s been no chapter this month???
This was one of the inception moments for the fic - it’ll probably never end up in the story at all, maybe it just matters as a jumping-off point for me? Mysteries.
I wrote this the first week I conceptualized Red Streak, way back in my other life, before I sold my soul to this fandom. I don’t think it’s the first thing I wrote for it, but if it isn’t, it’s very, very close.
Minor spoilers (regarding Hannah, also Jane’s BFF) but nothing that hasn’t been hinted at very obliquely already.
3,100 words, approximately, and enough emotion that I abandoned my entire life to write this goddamn epic piece of space trash after this… *mumbling intensifies*
Albacus Mindoir Colony April 4, 2169 AD - 0230 hours
Albacus heard the tell-tale bumping and heaving of a poorly inebriated body as it fumbled blindly through the access vents above the warehouse, and he sighed quietly through his mandibles. Jane was even later getting back than he had anticipated, and he had come to expect a certain level of tardiness from her in recent weeks.
The sloppy noise of her scuffling in the ceiling was sure sign that her system was full of some addlebrained teenager poison.
update: me and NYE boy have a week long snap streak going and today we were just sending cute snaps back and forth but like having an actual convo at the same time (he made many bee puns with the bee filter and i love dorky funny ppl so this has my heart) but anyways i just sent him a pic of me in my nightgown it says “i woke up like this” and we were joking about how the nightgown is corny but that song is a JAM and then he was like it looks good though, but itd look better on the floor………..i kinda just !!! usually if any man said that to me id be like…..anyways BUT i was like “smooth line” lol bc i didnt know if he was fr tryna get frisky or what lmao but anyways hes sucha dork hes v cute so yaaaaa!!!!! thats my update bc if i sat here talking about all the cute snaps he sent me id be babbling forever so im going 2 stop myself :-)
Tags: uhhhh, cutting, face crushing, demeaning behavior, general assholery of Kylo Ren but reader does not give a fuck
A/N: @fuckingkyloren made me some wickedly delicious headcanons and I’m repaying her with the only thing I am good at doing: One Shots. Hope you enjoy it :)
The past four weeks were draining. The First Order had an opening as an apprentice mechanic, but in order to work your way to that position, you were to complete multiple rounds of sanitation services. This was your second to last week streaking the west end of Starkiller with anti-bacterial cleaner, while wandering in and out of the corridors, ensuring the Lieutenants and Officers beds were garbed with fresh linens. Normally items were tidied during the weekdays and you would only need a cleaning droid to retrieve the occasional sticky sheet set after the bouts of fun they would have from a drunken high.
I had to stop running over the Christmas holidays. I was a week into a run streak but my knee was still not right and I was starting to get shin splints. Then I got flu/fever and have only just recovered from that. So the holidays have not been so good exercise wise. Its been quite shitty shitty shit actually. But I need to give myself a good rest before I start training again..so its ok.
I got accepted into the London Marathon this year but I have to defer my entry until next year because I’ll be away on a geology fieldtrip to Utah. SO, instead of that the plan is to run the Lairig Ghru Hill Race in July. Its slightly longer than a marathon; ~43km through the Cairngorm mountains, some of the highest mountains in Britain. I’ve gone hiking there numerous times and its so fucking beautiful. If I get entry I will be over the moon. Planning on starting training in March. Gives me plenty of time for recovery and recuperation. I just have to be good and limit myself to two runs per week..sadly.
In the meantime, I want to improve my swimming and climbing. I was neglecting them while I was training for Dublin Marathon so it will be nice to get back to form in those.
I hope you’ve all had an amazing holiday and that its been a bit more productive than mine. I’m a bit sad to be going back to uni but it will be nice to get back into a productive routine once again 😊