DIY bespoke flower crown
Getting married soon? Use inexpensive baby’s breath (gypsophila) to make a beautiful floral headpiece, perfect for yourself, or your bridesmaids. It’s unbelievably easy, plus you can dry it afterwards and use again for festivals or fancy dress. Here’s how:
1. Take the longest stem of baby’s breath and pluck off all the flowers except the very end bunch.
2. Next, take a small bunch of the removed flowers and tape them to the stalk, close to the top bunch. Repeat all the way along the stem, fastening the ends of the previous bunch as you go.
3. When the stem is completely covered, bend it into a head-sized circle and fasten the ends with tape, tucking any remaining stem back into the crown and taping to secure – this will give your crown extra strength.
4. Fill any gaps with more flowers, then wrap a length of wide satin ribbon all the way around the crown in between each bunch of flowers.
5. Fasten the ribbon ends into a bow. Et voilà! Your flower crown is complete.