Hi ! I have an odd question. Some really good friends of mine are getting married next month and I've been looking for a good luck spell/witch bottle/blessing to give her on her hen night. Unfortunately I haven't found anything really interesting so far and I'm not confident enough to come up with something all by myself... Do you know anything that could work ? Thanks a lot by advance !!
💚 MY WEDDING BLESSING JAR
- sugar, for sweetness and nurturing,
- sea salt for protection and cleansing,
- lavender, for peace and pleasure,
- jasmine flowers (they refused to be photographed, pesky little blighters) for love and peace.
You can also use other things you or your friends might find appropriate, like, say, chamomile flowers (also peace and health) or vervain or lemonbalm (ditto) or chili, for a spicy love… you’ll know.
- dried rose petals, for obvious reasons.
But you can also use other flowers, or even dried leaves of your friends’ favourite trees or other things that will be more personally connected to them.
- rosemary, for remembrance and general longevity,
- sage, for protection, health and because no spell was ever for the worse because of sage,
- yarrow flower (also refused to be photographed), for health and regrowth.
As before, you can use other ingredients that you can get your hands on or that will relate to your friends better.
Tied with a green ribbon because green is the colour of hope and vitality, and also my favourite, but you can substitute yadda yadda yadda.
Use dried ingredients* so they last and don’t rot in there. This is not a very robust arrangement, and if the jar isn’t upright it gets disturbed, but you (or she) can always open it up and arrange it all anew. Quite a symbolic action, in fact.
* I wrote “fried ingredients” on the first draft. That would have been quite a different spell, but probably very fun.