🍰 A Wedding Cake Recipe for A Happy Marriage 💑
There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.
— Martin Luther.
• 4 lbs. of love
• 1 lb. butter of youth
• ½ lb. of good looks
• 1 lb. sweet temper
• 1 lb. of blindness of faults
• 1 lb. of self-forgetfulness
• 1 lb. of pounded wit
• 1 lb. of good humour
• 2 tablespoons of sweet argument
• 1 pint of rippling laughter
• 1 wineglass of common sense
• 1 oz. of modesty
• Put the love, good looks, and sweet temper into a well-furnished house.
• Beat the butter of youth to a cream, and mix well together with the blindness of faults.
• Stir the pounded wit and good humour into the sweet argument, then add the rippling laughter and common sense.
• Work the whole together until everything is well-mixed, then bake gently forever.