Double Dutch Half Up
I absolutely love Dutch Braided pigtails. I think they are such a fun way to keep the hair off of your face. This is very valuable when doing sports or just hanging out in the hot summer weather. I, however, also really enjoy half up/ half down styles because they also keep hair out of the way while still showing your hair’s length. So why not combine the two? The Double Dutch Half Up is a perfect combination of natural flowing hair with detailed and tight braids.
2) 2 Hair Elastics
1) Start by brushing your hair and creating a middle part.
2) Take three small pieces of hair from one side of the hair.
3) Begin a Dutch Braid by crossing the left piece under the middle piece.
4) Then cross the right piece under the middle piece.
5) Add in more hair to the left piece before crossing under the middle.
6) Add in more hair to the right piece and cross under the middle. (Psst…Having trouble with the braiding process? Click here to find a detailed Dutch Braid tutorial!)
7) Continue this process.
8) Once behind the ear, stop adding in hair.
9) Continue a regular braid down to the bottom of the hair and tie off with a small hair elastic.
10) Repeat steps 2-9 on the other side of the head. Finish the style off with hairspray.