•grandma molly announces picture time
•collective groans from all the kids
•they start with the entire family photo
•molly and arthur stand in the middle of course looking super proud of their big, loving family
•EVERYONE HAS THEIR CHRISTMAS SWEATERS ON
•the kids always try to spell words with the sweaters
•they adults pretend to not know what they’re doing because they secretly find it hilarious
•"aunt angelina it would look so great it you stood by grandma, and grandma you should be next to uncle percy AND LOUIS GO NEXT TO ANGELINA OH IT IS PERFECT"-(probably james or fred)
•that spells lamp
•these kids find it hilarious to spell the word lamp with sweaters
•one time they spelled alfalfa which the kids believe is their greatest accomplishment.
•then they take their individual family photos
•teddy is in every single one because teddy is basically everyone’s kid
•i forgot to mention that andromeda comes too
•george, angelina, fred, and roxanne take the stupidest christmas photo known to man. weird poses weird faces-everything.
•there is a strict schedule to follow. first they all open ONE christmas gift (the weasley sweater) then they eat, then take pictures, then they open the rest of their presents, and open the presents from santa the next morning.
•SOMEHOW they fit enough beds in the burrow for everyone
•"vic and i can always share a bed??“ teddy has asked this ever since they started dating
•you will never have any food as marvellous as the christmas food ad the burrow.
•all the kids have to go through the pain and suffering that their parents had to go through by preparing some of the ingredients
•"we have wands! we have MAGIC! and you are making us skin these damn potatoes.” “it’s supposed to be a humbling experience james.”
•it’s really loud
•like really really loud
•but they always have a moment of silence right before dinner in honour of fred
•well… they did
•george thinks that silence was never fred’s thing so they change it to an annual snowball fight
•james, george, and fred ii most likely have a prank war which results in many broken noses and fingers
•just a ton of games to be honest
•everyone gets a shit ton of weasley’s wizard wheezes products
•A CAULDRON FULL OF HOT, STRONG LOVE
•poor fleur basically dies because celestine warbeck is on constantly
•roxanne, lily and rose have extensive dance routines to all her songs
•albus spends a lot of his time asking if scorpius can get a weasley sweater
•everyone is super hesitant on the subject but albus convinces them after almost 2 years
•once scorpius gets his sweaters he starts coming over a few days after christmas because the family is there all holiday
•scorpius is eventually welcomed into the family after a few awkward hours
•i love scorpius
•they get THE BEST presents aaaah
•they’re soosososo good
•the burrow is just full of love and happiness and warmth and stupid, petty, little fights but everyone still loves each other so damn much.
Imagine twelve year old Harry not even knowing how awful his childhood with Dursleys had been until he gets to the Burrow.
Imagine him seeing Percy asleep with a book on his lap, and being baffled that a kid might feel comfortable enough in his own home to be so vulnerable in the living room.
Imagine Molly coming up to the attic to say goodnight to Ron and Harry, and Harry glancing at Ron when he hears her footsteps, trying to figure out what they had done wrong that day.
Imagine him asking George who does all the house chores, and thinking it’s a joke when George answers, “we all do.”
Imagine Ginny pestering Arthur with questions over the Daily Prophet, and Harry trying to shoot her warning looks to stop it! but then Mr. Weasley looks up and patiently answers every single one.
Imagine Bill popping in for a visit one evening and Harry being floored when Bill stops to chat with him.
Imagine Fred chasing after Harry in the yard, playfighting, but Harry actually begins to run for real fear of being hurt.
Imagine Molly burning something on the stove my accident and tossing it, imagine Harry mentioning to Ron, offhandedly, “she could’ve given that one to me, it’s what I eat at home when I mess up dinner” and not knowing why Ron is horrified.
Imagine Harry seeing what a normal, functioning family looks like, and realizing the absence of love in his own life.
“average person knits 3 jumpers a year" factoid actualy just statistical error. average person knits 0 jumpers per year. molly weasley, who lives in burrow & knits over 10,000 each day, is an outlier adn should not have been counted
It’s all this uncertainty with You-Know-Who coming back, people think they might be dead tomorrow, so they’re rushing all sorts of decisions they’d normally take time over. It was the same last time he was powerful, people eloping left right and centre-‘
‘Including you and Dad,’ said Ginny slyly.
‘Yes, well, your father and I were made for each other, what was the point in waiting?’ said Mrs. Weasley.
1. Dean and Seamus wait until their mid-forties to have kids. They name their first daughter Ari, after Ariana Dumbledore, who kept Seamus and the rest of the students in the Room of Requirement safe.
2. Teddy fully expects his patronus to be a wolf. When it’s not, he panics, and firecalls Harry from the Hufflepuff Common Room. Harry is so busy being proud of his godson for producing a corporeal Patronus, he eases Teddy’s fears by not even asking what form it had taken. He figures, if Harry didn’t care enough to ask, whatever it is is okay.
3. Lily Luna Weasley-Potter is the spitting image of her namesake, so people are often surprised to find that she’s more like her father than anyone. She’s sharp, suspicious, and never lets a mystery pass her by. When Harry made the mistake of using his, “trouble usually finds me” line in Lily’s hearing, she adopted it to use when given detentions for sneaking around the castle.
4. Pansy Parkinson’s spoiled son is basically Draco Malfoy 2.0 - he’s just as rich, pretty, and disdainful. He’s also a mama’s boy. She loves him, although she’s not half the mother Narcissa was.
5. James Sirius Potter adds a hyphen to his middle name after learning about the Marauders, and tries to make people call him James Sirius-Remus Potter. It only works on Andromeda and Teddy…until he comes of age and gets it added legally. He’s the most affected by history of all the next gen kids, and carries his name and his blood (both Potter and Weasley) very seriously. His Patronus is a stag like his father’s and grandfather’s before him, and he takes immense pride in that.
6. Hugo Weasley is the cuddliest child in the history of children. He gets it from Ron, who eats it up and cuddles him right back. Hermione doesn’t know how to deal with it as well. She’s more of a forehead kiss kind of person.
7. Ginny loves the Burrow as an adult more than she ever did growing up in. She’s grateful that her children have somewhere to spend their childhoods with their extended family. It feels right to take Jamie and Al and Lily there in a way it never felt right when she was young.
8. Bill and Fleur, who constantly keep their own respective well-above-average hair in complicated braids, teach their kids to, as well. Victoire, Dominique and Louis have the prettiest, shiniest, most adorably braided hair in school.
9. Harry is convinced that his kids have a fundamentally different Hogwarts experience than he did - not by nature of not being the Chosen one, or even because half of them aren’t in Gryffindor - but because Madame Pomfery retired before they even got to Hogwarts. She’d been a huge part of his six years there - always there fussing the moment he awoke. Who was going to do that when Lily did something stupid, or Al got hurt defending his friends, or James caught a rogue Bludger to the ear, or Teddy splinched himself in Apparating lessons? Who else was going to be vaguely disapproving and caring at the same time? Who else was going to say don’t do that again, child…but on the off-chance that you do, you’ll be right as rain with a bit of rest? Even though Hannah does a great job in the infirmary, Harry always feels off when any of his kids get hurt.
10. The Weasley clan never knows who to cheer for during House Quidditch matches, because they’ve got children, grandchildren and niblings on every House team. So they cheer for everyone.
Molly wakes the Burrow. She wakes before anyone, opens the shutters, feeds the chickens and draws the eggs gracefully into a basket with her wand, lights a fire in the kitchen hearth and starts breakfast.
Arthur puts the house to sleep. He is the last to bed each night, and only after drawing the cat inside, neatening the foyer and hanging coats on the racks, kissing the last of his children goodnight, turning off every light, closing all the windows, and locking all the doors. It calms him to see the house put to rights before he sleeps.
Their respective care and love keeps house in peace and balance.
Just some Harry Potter fanart because it’s fall and basically Halloween, plus it’s only fitting that I post it today – Happy Birthday Hermione Granger! You’ll always be my favorite female literary character ♥
Also, guys this print is for sale on my Etsy so click the link and check it out if you want! I’ve also got some other HP stuff and Fantastic Beasts art.