Alright but imagine Scorpius
first Christmas without his mother, being invited to spend the Holidays with
the Potters. At first he refuses but ends up accepting, after all, his dad will
be really busy and they won’t spend much time together.
- He is both embarrassed and afraid of being in the same house as Harry and Ginny Potter, but they make him feel like he’s part of the family.
- They go to The Burrow for Christmas, and spend all day playing outside with the whole Weasley-Potter gang.
- He gets nervous when Mr. Ron Weasley (Rose’s dad) asks him to pass him the buns. He gets even more nervous when his wife, Hermione Granger-Weasley (who also happens to be the Minister of Magic), asks him about school and his favourite subject.
- When they finally open the presents he just sits there, looking at everybody’s new stuff, and suddenly Harry and Ginny tell him to open the green one, Rose gives him a chocolate frog, Albus and James give him an Aviatomobile from their Uncle George’s store, but then Mrs. Weasley comes and gives him a knitted jumper with a big letter ‘S’. He just stares at it for a moment and feels his eyes prickle with tears.
- But then an owl comes in with a small package from his dad. He opens it to find a silver locket, and puts it immediately inside his pocket because he doesn’t want them to think that he just gets expensive stuff like that.
- He puts on his jumper and feels like he blends in a little, and when they go to bed he takes the silver locket out of his pocket and opens it. Inside, he sees a picture of two familiar faces. A blond, tall, pointy-faced wizard has his arm around a beautiful woman carrying a blond baby he recognized as himself. They were smiling, looking as happy as he had never seen. He couldn’t help but cry, but he wasn’t entirely sad. Looking down at his jumper and locket, for the first time in months, he felt deeply loved.