- How do people wake up early? I’d love to start working out in the morning, or even just going for a walk, or some days even just washing and drying my hair rather than throwing it in yet another messy top knot for working from home. I seriously can wake up and feel WIDE AWAKE at 7 AM and then MAKE myself go back to bed for “30 more minutes” which always turns into 1.5 - 2 more hours.
- You know what else would be great? I would like to spend just ONE DAY looking as pulled together as bloggers do on Instagram. I know it is all posed and it’s their job and crap, but damn if I don’t always feel like I can only do one thing to look ready (do my hair OR iron my clothes OR wear heels OR remember to put on jewelery.)
- It’d probably help if I’d just wear things (especially to the office) that are already dry cleaned and thus not wrinkled. Except I only take my dry cleaning in every 3 months pretty much, which means my bill last week was $63, and now I’m feeling too cheap to wear anything that would then every need to be dry cleaned again.
- Happy to report that I’ve kept on organizing/discarding/tidying our house via the KonMarie method over the last month. I sent 31 pounds - POUNDS - of clothing in to ThredUp.com (only got like $25 but that’s $25 more than I had) and donated at least 5 bags to Goodwill of clothes alone. Threw out probably 4 - 5 bags of clothing and delicates, and even got Blake to go through his underclothing. (He owns like 21 shirts and the bare minimum amount of pants and suits so he doesn’t really need to get rid of any other clothing.) Last night I went through the storage unit at our place and threw away an entire carload of stuff. As in, not one additional Target bag of trash could have fit in the car. Three whole boxes of old scratched cups were in there that we hadn’t touched in the 3.5 years since we packed them up in Birmingham. WHY? Anyway, it’s been a great replacement activity for shopping since I’m on a no buy in August and now I will get bored at home and get itchy thinking about where there is stuff I can go through and donate or throw out.
- One thing I AM okay with owning too much of is lipstick. I can fully admit I have a problem (and I even went through and put aside maybe 30 lipsticks - mostly drugstore - to pass on to my mom) but it’s still my biggest weakness. Current favorites include the new MAC matte line, their Veluxe Trois line, any and all Marc Jacobs (nudes sheer lip gel and le marc lip gels) and even returned some unused products last month to splurge on a YSL lipstick. Trying to really amp up my collection of berry lippies for fall as well as find the perfect red shade.
- Trying to get through a 10 day cleanse right now (not a juice one) in which i can’t have diet coke (my real one true love above even lipsticks), pizza (miss you already), chips, most carbs in general, or alcohol (maybe the thoughest one given that we have two trivia nights, a friend’s 30th birthday party, a tubing trip down the river, and our fantasty football draft plus a birthday celebration all in the next 10 days but I know better than to try not to drink once football season starts). Please send all positive thoughts my way as I struggle through this self-enforced punishment. (I’m clearly being a little dramatic about it.)