Caleb McLaughlin, Finn Wolfhard, Millie Bobby Brown and Noah Schnapp attend The Weinstein Company and Netflix Golden Globe Party, presented with FIJI Water, Grey Goose Vodka, Lindt Chocolate, and Moroccanoil at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 8, 2017 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for The Weinstein Company)
@62-watermelons :’) Look how gross they are someone kill me…. bases off this x also hux took the time to actually get dressed. AGH I can just imagine like pre-relationship kylux and them totally doing this also having the excuse ‘I have no one else to go with so I’ll go with you’ but in reality they hard core crushin’ on each other ALSO IF THERE ARE ANY WRITERS OUT THERE do a modern AU! thing for this please and send it to me I live for these two
Hi team, over the coming couple of years I’m predicting that we’re going to see qn upswing in malicious online trolling from racists, xenophobes, misogynists and assorted creeps, and the prime tactic they are going to resort to is exhausting us.
They know we don’t have infinite energy and they know that we believe in explaining ourselves to a fault. They will ask dumb questions, they will try to trick you into educating them again and again and they will not listen because that is not the game they are playing.
Some tips for the upcoming bullshit we’re going to have to deal with:
1. Do not feed them - their goal is to exhaust you and make you repeat yourself, do not reply to their messages, do not publish their asks, if you are even a little suspicious delete their message immediately.
2. Google exists - if a person really wants to be educated on a topic they can do so themselves. Even if a person is genuinely curious they should not ask you to perform the labour they will not and make it easy for them.
3. Educate for yourself - if you want to make a post or write an article about a topic, do so, but never do so in response to a troll, this just gives them more openings to question you and others in the future. When you shout from your rooftop the word will get out, but if you answer questions at your door the only people listening will be the door-to-door misogyny salesman.
4. Education is a job - and if someone wants you to educate them on trans issues 101 they should be prepared to pay you for the privilege. You are not their textbook.
5. The third law of robotics comes first - protect yourself above all else. You have limited time and you have limited energy. Even the most good hearted person in the world with the most genuine curiousity does not have a right to that time or that energy. Protect yourself before you serve your community.
6. Work smarter, not harder - ask yourself before each post whether this will do what you want it to. You cannot educate everyone on everything so be conscious of your audience and be conscious of your message. Stay on topic, keep it short and keep it sweet.
I believe in all of you, the next few years are going to be tough and we are going to give them hell. Save your strength, fight when it counts and we are going to kick these nazi homophobe chauvanistic nightmares right in their goddamn teeth.
Sometimes we need to smile through our tears as questions unanswered fill our thoughts days when the sun simply will not shine dancing alone unto tomorrow’s unknown we feel vulnerable, while life feels tough
Ofttimes it seems, we can but sigh, softly breathe and let those droplets fall as they must yet remembering we are the children of love we find in faith our strength is more than enough