In a Crowded Room [hc]
Written in order of who would be the most aware of their S/O in these trying times. Thank anon for the request—I LOVE this idea so much. Rather than shy, I guess went more with anxious?
- Probs used this gif already, oh well.
- He knows you don’t wanna go to this wedding. Hell, he doesn’t wanna go either.
- But Sugawara got married and we all know he’s got a real soft spot for Suga. You do too.
- Regardless, the two of you attend and the only people you know at this wedding is the old Karasuno team, which you’re split up into two tables because everyone brought their S/O. You don’t know any of them.
- You got real bad anxiety, being in crowded spaces. Especially considering your fine ass man that you pale in comparison to? Oof. You do everything to remain hidden.
- But you’re at a wedding and you gotta eat, so the whole time you guys are up grabbing food, you’re loosely hanging on the hem of Tobio’s blazer, only letting go to grab napkins or utensils.
- He’s got a hand on you at all times to silently comfort you as best he can, given the situation.
- It gets real bad when Kageyama starts socializing and, while it’s only with the team, you’re still awkwardly hiding behind him, fiddling with the sleeve that encompasses the hand that’s holding yours.
- To soothe you, Kageyama tries to whisper words reaffirmation to you, most of them having nothing to do with your surroundings.
- Lots of “I love you’s” and “you look so beautiful”.
- Eventually, the two of you are able to escape to a balcony outside, enjoying the celebratory event in your own way.
By sending snapchats to Suga of the two of you cheersing him.
- You no longer have the need to hang onto him by a literal thread but, because it gives you comfort, you do continue to fiddle with his sleeve.
- Punk!Kuroo coming in hot for this one.
- So for your anniversary, Kuroo got you tickets to see your favorite band and for the most part, you’re excited af. Why wouldn’t you be?
- You hate crowds and being in them, but we’re talking like all time favorite, once in a life time ordeal here. And ofc he got ground floor tickets because there’s no way he wouldn’t splurge.
- But he knows you’re also freaking out when you both arrive at the venue on a hot, mid-summer day.
- Despite the heat, you’re grateful he’s wearing a thin tee, something you can twist around in your fingers as you anxiously twiddle with the hem of it.
- You’re trying to have fun, singing along and stuff
- But he can tell you’re kinda miserable with the way you somehow ended up on the barricade that separated the crowd and the stage
- You’ve got a death grip on him, tight enough that when you get shoved, you rip a part of his shirt up.
- Not that he minds—he gets to flash his body now for no reason and nobody minds that.
- But he knows you’re miserable, so he tries to alleviate it another way: getting down on the ground and carrying you on his shoulders.
- He may not get to see how excited you are for the performance and people behind are complaining, but you get to see the show even closer and that’s all that matters to him.
- It doesn’t quell your apprehensions entirely, but even for just a moment, you forget the buzz of everyone around you and become one with the music and your love.
- I love Bokuto, but he’s kinda dense and he doesn’t realize the reservations you have about the two of you going to a party together.
- He’s so excited to go and see all of his old high school friends and you’re just kinda lackluster-ly “woo”ing.
- But nonetheless, you go with so that he has a DD and you’re not worried about how he’s getting home safely.
- So you go and you’re kinda okay, there aren’t that many people….
- Okay, that’s a lie there’s a lot. But for now you’re fine until you realize Bokuto is nowhere to be found.
- When you do finally find him, he’s with Kuroo playing Edward 40-hands. Why you fell for such a dumbass, you’ll never know. But you find a seat that’s close enough to him until he comes over with his hands free from the tape.
- “I love you.” He slurs out slightly, taking the moment to wrap his arms around you and rest his cheek on your head.
- You’re quiet and meek, trembling hands already fingering the hem of his shirt. He knows that habit all too well—you’re nervous.
- “What’s the matter?” Bokuto sobers up a little at the movement, grabbing your hands in his much larger ones at the gesture.
- “Can we please go?”
- Immediately, he’s up and saying his Irish goodbyes to everyone, trying not to linger too long before the two of you are buckled into your shared vehicle.
- “I’m so sorry, babe. I didn’t even think about you,” he’s apologizing profusely, but instead you just grab his hand from the driver’s side.
- “It’s alright, you listened when I asked to leave and I know you wanted to see your friends. You’re already forgiven.”
Wanna see a specific character? Or a different head cannon? Want to see a whole story?
Send in requests!