Italian Pidge (shitty)headcanons
- Both Colleen and Sam are italian/american (Sam’s mom is italian from Rome, Colleen’s mom is italian from Cosenza /my city, lol/)
- Pidge and Matt spent a lot of time with both their grandmothers and they understand very well both italian and the dialects their grannies spoke, but picked up Cosenza’s dialect curse words most cuz Colleen’s mom was more keen to swear in front of them (Colleen wasnt happy). Also, Sam doesnt understand most of calabrese dialect so they could whisper curses under their breath and get away with it for the first year.
- Matt speaks italian more, he went to visit his italian relatives a few times for holidays and summer vacations.
- Pidge rarely speaks italian, but knows all the cursewords. And she will use them against teammates and enemies.
- Shiro learned some swears due to being Matt’s friend.
- Pidge: PORCO CAZZO ( literally pig dick, but used as holy fuck)
Shiro: *stern look of disapproval* i know enough italian to be disappointed.
Pidge: oh cmon, did my dad influenced you too with his no curse policy?
Shiro: swear jar.
- Seriously, she’ll insert cazzo or minchia (same thing, but more typical of south italy) in any sentence if shiro isnt around.
- Something goes wrong:*deadpan* beh, vaffanculo. (well, fuck)
- Coran picked up some swears and Shiro is SO DONE.
- Pidge: Ci vidi? (can you see?)
Pidge: E vid’ i tinni ji affanculu (then see if you can go fuck off)
- Pidge: *dead tired* Gesù Cristo perché (jesus christ why)
- Pidge: *computer frozes* ‘nculacchitem- (fuck you and your dead ancest-)
Pidge: You cannot know this one too!
Shiro: Matt used to swear a lot, i know all of your curse words.
Pidge: uggh not fair
- Pidge:*punching an enemy in the face* piglia e porta ara casa e diciacc’ a mammata ca su cirase. (take and bring it home, and tell your mother its cherries)
-Pidge hacks galra’s computer to say “Aru Cu’” (up your ass) when they infiltrate into any facility.
- Pidge:*breaks into galra ships* Senz’essari chiamati simu vinuuuutiiiii (without being called we came here/ its a traditional song usually sung during christmas time, but we sing it as a joke any given time when we visit someone with short notice)
- teammate does something really stupid: *shakes head* Cchi cap’i minchia. (what a dickhead/ its affectionate in this case tho.)
- Pidge:*neck deep in research papers but not getting a thing out of it* Ia a Santu Nente (curse Saint Nothing /we have the bad habit to curse saints but some prefer using this sentece cuz its not actually a saint. Yeah i know, strange.)
- teammate is being annoying: Mo m’ha popu rutt’ i cugliuni (now you really pissed me off/ but more vulgar, literally “you broke my balls”)
Shiro: KATIE HOLT
Pidge: ugghhh i keep forgetting you know
- Pidge:*unconsciously humming under her breath while working* Ohi ca muaru, ca muaru, ca muaru ppi na gulia c’all’uartu ci sta. (oh i’m dying, i’m dying, i’m dying to eat a delicacy in my garden/another traditional song)
- When she was little, Matt convinced her of the existence of the Monachieddru (little monk, a trickster spirit) and she tried to catch him.
- Due to spanish and italian having roots in latin, sometimes Lance kinda of understands what she’s mumbling. They do a game where one says a word in spanish and the other find a similar word in italian and find out the differences.
Lance: yo pidge, pass the aceite
Pidge: *passes vinegar*
Lance: i said aceite
Pidge: yeah i gave it to you!
Lance: thats vinagre
Pidge:…??? Oh right. *passes oil*
(aceite is oil in spanish, acit’ is vinegar in cosenza’s dialect)
Here it is all that i can think of. Dont take it seriously, im just having too much fun with this thing!