Yo don’t forget the Taino people on Columbus Day
- The were the first people to come in contact with the murderous bastard who enslaved their people and kidnapped their children
- It’s often assumed the Taino’s were “wiped out” they weren’t
- Taino/Lokono* people are from Caribbean islands mainly (from my limited knowledge) Cuba, Puerto Rico, and Haiti/Dominican Republic.
- We as Indigenous people need to remember not to wash away the histories of other Nations not in North America
- Remember while we all have suffered since Columbus got lost, these people especially in Puerto Rico and Haiti still suffer from American Imperialism
*correction Lokono (who I miss named Arawak previously, and will now change after learning more information) folks from what I am being told are from northern South America & Caribbean isles but are a separate nation from the Tainos. I mixed up very sorry to any Lokono folks who have seen this and been hurt.
*I’ll add more corrections as I learn them
Remember Tainos on Columbus Day