This TOP situation is getting out of hand.
1) the media is acting stupid and amateurish
2) if the reports of his mom saying that he’s dying are true, then he probably did try to kill himself. He’s an adult who knows how many pills he should take for a prescribed medication. This could be a sign that he had been abusing them in the first place.
Please note my words: IF, COULD, etc.
Even the official reports are probably just preliminary media and public image control.
3) this could be BIGBANG’s final breaking point before disbandment.
4) YG Entertainment is shady AF, but we knew that already.
5) WEED is not the problem. I don’t agree with what he did but he’s a human being who makes stupid decisions just like everyone else.
6) this is just another example of how these celebrities and idols under YG are probably not being taken care of.
TOP is in the most popular, most successful, idol group in the world. Being a celebrity isn’t easy, but having a shitty company behind your back isn’t giving any of the BIGBANG members much support. There’s a long history of issues that has gotten TOP to this point.
The other members as well. GD is a whole other issue and I wouldn’t be surprised if all of the other members came out positive for weed or anything else that’s not legal in Korea.
We all knew TOP and GD smoked cigarettes, but it’s wasn’t a big deal bc cigarettes are legal.
In my opinion, smoking anything is unnecessary unless there’s a medical reason behind it, and they very well could have medical issues that weed could help with, but that’s just a stretch and it’s none of our business.
But for things to go this far. TOP is in the hospital. Physically ill and I just feel bad, for the fandom, for the family.
If you think he did no wrong then your delusional. Like I said, it’s not about weed or anything like that, but he did something illegal. He doesn’t have a responsibility to the fans, he doesn’t. The only thing he’s responsible for in terms of the fans, is performing and making music. Nothing else. He’s not there to set an example or anything. He’s an artist, a musician, not your role model. That something you choose, not him.
I feel sorry to the fans who do view him as a role model or as their bias, or as someone they admire because I get it, you form this love for a person you can only know about through a limited image.
It’s just sad that things are happening this way and all we can do is pray for his health and well being, and hope things get better.
I am his fan, he is my BB bias. And as a fan, I’m not going to repost the latest news, the latest “updates on his condition”, every piece of information that comes out, because I, we, you don’t know what’s going on and what his family is going through.
I’m very disappointed in him, in the BB, in YG and in the Korean media right now so I felt like I had to rant.
What scares me the most is that TOP, GD they have issues and so do the other members, so do other groups. We as fans can’t do anything about it either. We’re just the audience.
There’s so many things I could elaborate on but I hope this ordeal sheds light on the kpop industry and idol lifestyle.