Some Domestic Guardians Headcanons~
- Drax is 100% the most domestic one. He had a wife and kid at one point, and still remembers a lot of the basics of cooking, cleaning, and looking after his otherwise domestically helpless counterparts. I have a really great visual in my head of Peter buying him a frilly pink apron that he tells Drax is symbolic warrior’s garb on Earth. Also, Drax making protein-rich, nutritious breakfast for the team so that they can perform their best.
- Gamora can sleep anywhere, in any position, at any time. It’s remarkable. The others think it comes from her years of training with Thanos. They often find her curled up tucked into tight places because they make her feel secure, or having fallen asleep face down on the metal floor from sheer exhaustion. She is at many points the catalyst for a Guardian cuddle-huddle, occurring around her wherever she happened to fall asleep.
- Yondu quickly adopts the entire team as his weird, wayward children, Literally den mother Yondu keeping a sharp eye on everyone to make sure they’re doing okay on the battlefield, and getting enough sleep, and dressing warmly enough. Peter is used to the smothering, but for everyone else, it takes some adjustment.
- Peter remembers hearing that talking to plants/playing music for them makes them grow faster. So when Groot is still teeny in his pot, Peter can often be heard having one-sided chats with him, or leaving his headphones around his pot so he can hear the music. In this way, Groot became privy to plenty of information that Peter has not shared with the other Guardians. But Groot is a good secret-keeper.
- Peter and Rocket will eat ANYTHING. Nothing goes to waste aboard the Milano. If one of them doesn’t eat it, the other will. They’re like a pair of walking garbage disposals. Drax and Gamora are only mildly disgusted by it.
- After discovering that petting Rocket was a success, Drax decided to try it elsewhere. Namely, on Peter. Peter is a little surprised at first to find his hair being gently patted, but he isn’t about to complain.
- Sitting down and opening the gift from his mother was certainly not the first or last emotional moment Peter has had in front of the other Guardians. The others are quick to discover that he’s actually a ridiculously easy crier, getting teary eyed over emotional moments on the television or when Groot first pulls himself out of his pot and takes his first steps. None of them hold it against him- in fact, it was from Peter that Drax learned to give hugs in the first place. Now it is a power that he is unintentionally abusing.