Herbal candle DIY
These are good for rituals, scent or the aesthetic of it. Perfect custom altar additions, made just the way you like it.
What you will need:
-candles or candle wax
-herbs/flowers of your choice
-a heavy book
-a clothing iron
1. The first thing you want to do is gather herbs and flowers to put in your candle, whether it be for a spell, or ritual or for the scent or aesthetic of it.
2. The herbs must be dry herbs, you can dry them yourself if you like. Pick the flowers of your choice (make sure to dry out any excess moisture)
3. To press/dry the flowers (or leaves), you must press them between two pieces of parchment paper in a heavy book for 15-20 minutes, and then to dry them, run a clothing iron over the paper, keep checking on the flowers to make sure they are not burning so that they do not lose color. Once they are stiff and dry, they’re ready to go.
4. You can use wax chips/blocks or you can melt up an old candle. (BONUS: match the color of the wax to your intent (or add food colouring)).
5. Optional: add essential oils, match the scent to your intent if you wish.
6. Then pour the wax into a glass or mould of your choice, holding the wick in place manually or with a clip until the wax is COMPLETELY DRY.
7. Once the wax is dry, remove it from the mould .
8. Hold an old metal spoon over a flame to heat it. Using this spoon press the flowers into the wax, pressing as deep or as shallow as you like and you can move wax over bits of herb/flower to create your desired effect.
VIOLA! You have a goregeous looking and wonderful smelling candle, full of herbs with magickal attributes, which can be activated through lighting the wick.