This three limited Fine Art Giclee-prints are now available in my etsy store
➡ https://www.etsy.com/shop/Iraville ⬅ . This 2 are printed with archival pigment inks on archival Hahnemühle German Etching watercolor paper. . All 5 Prints are a limited edition print run of 30 or 40 prints per painting – once the print run is sold out, this print will be retired forever. So if you love it, buy it now! Numbered, singed and dated on the front and back.
A first sketch from my and Kana’s new project called “City of Waves” (temporary title). I will be talking more about this in my next YouTube video.
This is just a sketch of a house - a part of the setting we are planning to slowly design. I wanted to make a space that is warn in the old-Japanese style but also has some modern elements. I painted this based on some photos I found on the Internet and some visits to museums showing Showa-era buildings around Tokyo.
Paper: Muse F4-HOMO drawing block
Lines: Mitsu-Bishi Hi UNI 3B pencil
Colors: Holbein watercolors set based on Hayao Miyazaki’s
Now i also have some big (DIN A1) and strong paper sheets of my watercolor pattern-designs in my shop. For wrapping big or small gifts, covering books, crafting, scrapbooking or just to put it as a poster on your wall. They come in a double set of two different sheets.
Between projects this weekend, so I spent most of it decorating a shoebox to look like an old farmhouse. This white-breasted nuthatch is the first one I’ve seen since moving Downeast. Hoping maybe he’ll stick around.
I wanted to try a new watercolour sketchbook I bought recently for my plein-air painting. I did a simple sketch this time with my lightweight Holbein set in a style similar to concept-art works found in Studio Ghibli art-books.
I painted this based on a photo of a tea house located in a Japanese garden belonging to a hotel located near my house (It’s a shame I can not paint there). You can see the painting process in the making-of video but to make things short I did not like how the paper worked with the watercolours really much. In the end to “save” the picture I decided to use ink on top of the watercolours to give it a little bit of depth.