Some ideas to encourage you to drink more water!
You probably know the health benefits of drinking water (it helps your kidneys, skin, brain, liver, muscles.. Every part of your body needs hydration!) but it can be hard to drink enough water if you don’t like the taste, if you’re used to the sweeter taste of soda or if you tend to not notice your body’s thirst signals.
“I hate the taste of plain water!”
- Add lemon juice
- Add sliced fruit
- Add sliced cucumber
- Add a splash of your favorite juice
- Let it soak in flavor by adding sliced fruit in the evening and then put it in the fridge overnight to enjoy it in the morning
- Mash berries in the bottom of the glass, then add water
- Steep some fresh mint leaves in the water before drinking
- Freeze clementine slices and use as ice cubes
- Make juice ice cubes and add to water
“I miss the sweetness of soda!”
- Mix your favorite soda with water and use a little less soda each day to get used to it slowly
- Make a plan to drink water to hydrate and soda for fun (for example allow yourself soda in the afternoon but drink water in the morning and at night)
- Many of the ideas above will also make the water taste sweeter, give it a try!
- Follow each glass of soda with a glass of water
“I always forget it!” or “I rarely feel thirsty even if i didn’t drink much!”
- Set a reminder in your phone that reminds you each two hours
- Get one of the many free water reminder apps
- Carry a water bottle with you wherever you go
- Try to get more in touch with your body! Set a reminder to ask yourself “How does my body feel right now?” each two hours. Is your mouth dry? Do you feel tired? Try to pay attention to these subtle signs.