1) I used a birthday Amazon gift card to help buy myself the Fitbit I mentioned in a recent post. I’ve been wearing it for almost a week, and honestly, I don’t know how I did without it for so long. I’m step-counting and food journaling and water cataloging and heart rate checking with obsession.
2) I’ve been using lavender oil in my diffuser – another birthday gift – to help me relax at bedtime and it’s awesome. It is taking me way less time to fall asleep after the lights go out. Highly recommend.
3) I’m seriously considering investing in a treadmill desk. I work from home 2 days a week, so it should be tax deductible, and it would also be a good thing to use while I watch TV. I’d probably have to do it in pieces – cause expensive – but if I spend hard-earned money on it, I WILL actually use it.
4) I’m also seriously considering buying a Prius, partly because of the commute.
5) Why does plastic surgery come up so often in mom conversations after a few glasses of wine? Or is that just the DC area?
6) I get to work from home for most of this week – Whoooooot!
7) Almost all of these bullet points are about decadence and/or material possessions. I’m being a good little capitalist this week, I guess.