EVEN IF I DIDN’T TAG YOU AND YOU WANNA DO IT, PLEASE DO THE THING. Tumblr is givin’ me a heckin’ problem!
I mean, I myself am strange and unusual. I don’t know that there’s anything that I haven’t already put out there, but - here we go!
1. I own at least 37 different washi tea tins, and they are all filled with at least a small sampling of tea. I’m slightly obsessed. I’ve probably blasted more money on tea than I have on clothes in the past year.
2. If I’m out shopping with someone, and they pick out something they like but mentions the price, I always encourage to “TREAT YOSELF.” Like, my dude, I will help pay for it too! If you love it, get it!
3. To go along with #2, I feel immense amounts of guilt when I buy myself something that may not benefit the household. ie. A new pair of boots that I fell in love with? All aboard the guilt train.
4. I also feel overwhelming guilt when someone pays for something for me - if someone gives me a gift, and I don’t have anything to give back, I feel awful. Don’t get me wrong, I will appreciate and love the shit out of the thing you’ve given me, but I feel awful that I have nothing to give in return.
5. I’m double jointed in my pinkies and my elbows!
6. I hate heights, but I love thrills. I’ll happily jump out of an airplane again.
7. I’m independent, but also very co-dependent on my husband. I’m sure I annoy the piss out of him when he get’s up from the couch and without fail I ask “Where are you going?” each time. (I love you. Thank you for putting up with me, even though you are literally just walking over to the fridge to get a seltzer.)
8. I have an exceptionally long tongue. There is barely any connective tissue underneath it. I can easily pull candies out of my nose with it (don’t ask.)
9. My self-owned side-business is successful, but I sometimes feel like I’m an impostor even though I know what I’m doing (and am very good at it.)
10. I loathe - with the fire of 10,000 suns - the feel of velvet and newsprint. I don’t know why. Touching either of those materials makes me cringe. Just thinking about it now has got me clenching harder than a motherfucker.