“Mirai doesn’t want to be defined by any moment that she’s not in control of. And that was the decision in 2014 [to leave her off the Olympic team]. I think, as she’s moved beyond that with each year and set new goals and achieved different things, now she’s in a place where she’s in the driver’s seat and able to show through her skating and how she competes, what she deserves.”
- The Jearmin. All of it. Armin doing his little hop of his horse IMMEDIATELY as soon as he saw Jean was thrown off his. Protecting him with his life even though getting off your horse in titan territory is basically suicide. Aka, RIP my heart. Armin and Jean working together after the fact to figure out what happened with the titan’s mysterious actions.
- Mikasa looked stunning in this episode. Her scene was very heartfelt. The scene where Eren activates the coordinate is emotional and pretty damn spot on to the manga. Even the scene where Mikasa leans in is just as ambiguous as it is in the manga (if you personally see it as ambiguous, that is). Yuki Kaji’s voice acting when he despaired over Hannes’ death and his inability to change anything was FANTASTIC. Seriously, kudos to the guy. I was taken aback. I have no idea how the dub is even going to come close to this, no offense.
- Historia’s scene where she proclaims that being with Ymir makes her feel brave and her triumphant smile as she flies through the air like a warrior Queen made me feel so elated. And then my heart was promptly crushed when Ymir said her goodbye….for the last time….
- Ymir’s scene of “it’s not so bad to be a goddess”, I wasn’t sure it would make it into the episode but I’m so glad it did. Wow wow. It’s so unfair though, considering everything that happens. STOP BEING SO KIND YMIR WTF GET OUTTA THERE.
- Armin and Eren’s shared glance just before the coordinate scene. It’s small but It was important to me so I’m glad they left it in. Also, I’m glad they had Armin being the one to bring Eren and Mikasa a horse. He told them they had to hurry, very matter of fact, but the little tears he had in his eyes betrayed his fear for them. So sweet….
- I am totally cool (more than cool, actually) with them ending the episode with Zeke. Holy shit I am so ready. Because that leads me to….
SEASON 3! IN 2018!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE! IT FEELS LIKE CHRISTMAS HAS COME EARLY YALL! And it looks like they’re including the RTS arc, if those previews are anything to believe. Which means two cours is likely. GOD YES. I take back my words about WIT studios, you guys are back in my good graces.
My mother always told me I was born a Queen. A mindset of a queen and a heart of a warrior. My crown is so heavy, yet I wear it as if it was a feather. Queens aren’t afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness. Queens are royal, strong, healers, divine and beautiful. Queens have the will to survive within our souls. Always remember to never give up and go for it . Now let me fix your crown QUEEN 👑