What we’re NOT saying:
• Cultural exchange is bad.
• Cultural exchange should be stopped.
• No one should ever experience another culture.
• You can’t enjoy and be interested in another culture.
What we ARE saying:
• You can’t take a core and important piece of the culture and use it as a decoration.
• You can’t disrespect the people of the culture but use their culture as a decoration.
• You can’t pass off their culture as your own, or take credit for anything part of that culture.
• You can’t disrespect the history of the culture by trying to be ‘original’ and changing a key part of it.