Modern heartbreak is “read at 9:13 p.m.” when it’s 9:40. it’s unliked photos, it’s blocking and unblocking and blocking and unblocking. modern heartbreak is sick with being watched, it’s breakups playing out on twitter feeds, it’s unfollowed unfollowed unfollowed. it’s screenshotted photos that shouldn’t have been saved, it’s screenshotted texts meant for one person only. it’s seeing your ex lover with their new one, watching their lives playing out like yours didn’t, it’s phones thrown into bedroom walls when their profile changes from single to in a relationship. it’s snapchat stories to make that one person jealous because it feels like without them you’re nothing, it’s that one story expiring before they see it because they don’t give a fuck about you now and you know it, it’s deleting their contact info but wanting it tattooed on the back of your hand in case you ever want to call, it’s messy it’s messy it’s messy it’s so fucking messy because everyone fucking sees it and it never goes away.
since it has been requested a few times now. This will be available as print. I just don’t know how large the endresult will be since the original file is not that huge.
you could put it up this way, or upside down (thanks to iwa-chan’s first name Kanji :’D ). The Kanji are their names “Hajime” and “Tooru” but as bonus if you take them together like this it will also read “obstinate” or “stubborn” :’D. Because they are.
This fucking guy. I had forgotten about this fucking guy.
First of all, “Estormo?” “Estormo the Lightning Mage?” Surely that’s an ancient Ehlnofex name of grand esteem! Fucking “Estormo.” If he had been a fire mage, he’d be, what? “Eferno?”
…Actually, “Eferno” is kind of cool. “Estormo” is NOT.
And let me try to figure this out. Ancano finds out I’m going to Old Bromjunaar to get the Staff of Magnus from Morokei, who they KNOW has awoken like the other dragon priests, raising a horde of ethereal draugr slaves and setting up magical traps all through Labyrinthian. They also know by now that I’m the Dragonborn, because of that time I ABSORBED A DRAGON’S SOUL IN THE COURTYARD OF THE COLLEGE.
I’m the Chosen One, out to claim one of the most powerful artifacts in all Tamriel from a demi-litch, and Ancano is apparently like, “Well, okay, he might survive that. But if he does, HE SHALL BE NO MATCH FOR ESTORMO!”
Look, Ancano. It’s real cute you have faith in your boyfriend like that. But he’s a dude in a black robe who shoots lightning from his hands. I thu'umed him up against a wall and face-changed him with three hits from a frost mace.
Granted, I guess Ancano’s relative sense of Thalmor “might” is fundamentally screwed up, because when I actually show up with the Staff and start shooting the Eye with it, he seems genuinely amazed that his stupid plan of “shoot ball with lightning, see what happens” is now failing.
I guess when you’re raised constantly hearing how “superior” your race is, it never occurs to you that MAYBE your stupid level 4 destruction spells are exactly as shitty as anyone else’s stupid level 4 destruction spells.
Either way, I would think Ancano would have realized that if a guy is a lightning mage who named himself Estormo, he’s got to be a fucking idiot who is DESTINED to fail hilariously.
Soft kiss, give him a backrub so he can relax, tell him he’s great, cuddle with armour on, he’s not ready and Hawke doesn’t push, a slow romance that’s about trust, Fenris opens up in all cutscenes after this and his constant tension eases.
The Romance Scene I Got:
SLAM Fenris against the wall, biting kisses, Hawke tops, Fenris has flashbacks midway through and HAwke doesn’t even notice, Hawke passes out and Fenris stays up having panic attacks about repressed memories and Hawke is personally offended?? Fenris breaks up with Hawke because wtf wtf WTF HAWKE
How do you redecorate without breaking your fragile bank account??
I love this question! Everything on this list is under $30, and most of it can be purchased from the safety of your dorm room couch.
Decorating on a Budget
1. Plants: Plants are my personal favorite decor (apart from Xmas lights). They’re inexpensive and look great in any location. If watering a plant every day doesn’t work for your schedule, get a cactus! I water my cacti twice a week.
2. Xmas Lights: I try to distance myself from people who say that Xmas lights are just “seasonal”. I have three different strands of lights up all year long, one in each room and one on my outdoor balcony. These lights are perfect for parties, romantic evenings, etc.
3. Candles/Incense: Dorm room or apartment landlord permitting, candles and incense really help an apartment feel more homey. They also help stave off the smell of your cat’s litter box, which is always a plus.
4. Posters: Posters aren’t as expensive as you think they are, but poster frames are ridiculously expensive. And you can’t buy the cheap ones, they fall apart instantly- you have to buy the $40 ones. My advice to you, buy posters and hang them up carefully with pushpins or tape.
5. Clocks: Buy a cool clock off Society6 or RedBubble for $25. It’s my belief that the right clock can help brighten up an otherwise dull-looking room. I bought my boyfriend this Bob’s Burgers clock for his birthday last year.
6. Shower: You don’t need to use the low-grade weak shower head that came with your bathroom. You can buy color changing shower heads and spa quality shower heads on Amazon for $25. Go forth! Always keep your old shower head somewhere safe, and put it back on when you’re ready to move out. There are lots of great and truly unique shower curtains out there on the internet, but they’re expensive. You’re better off buying one from Target or Walmart.
7. Night lights: I am the sort of person who always needs to pee at 3am. I have always used night lights in my bathroom and kitchen because they’re so much better than blundering around in the dark. Similar to the Xmas lights, they help create that “mood”. I have these cute little lava lamp night lights.
9. Chalkboard paint: Dorm room or apartment landlord permitting, chalkboard paint can help turn your room into a perpetual canvas. A friend of mine from college did this to his incredibly small room, and it looked so good.
10. Beaded curtain: Beaded curtains help make small spaces appear larger. We have a beaded curtain hanging in our hallway currently, and it’s great. You don’t need a super expensive one that was handmade by the indigenous people of wherever. Just a simple one to put in a doorway or hang on the wall to change your space.
“Luca, His Eyes On Me” reflects his obsession with Delilah and curiously lacks any comment on her impact on him. Almost every other title talks about meaningful, impactful change Delilah brought to a person - “I Am the Ruin of His House,” “Her Heart, I Bathed in Poison”, “Her Face is My Smile”, etc. Yet she doesn’t seem to care about her impact on Luca besides the fact that he watches her every move. He is obsessed with her, he covers the entire city in incredibly expensive banners with her face on them, he spends nights in her bedroom, he makes musicians play day and night in front of her silver statue and fantasizes about said statue coming alive and visiting his bed. It shows how little he understands of her or her magic, but he is devoted nonetheless. The Heart says that Delilah “thinks about him sometimes, but only as someone might think of a favored pet.” That’s all Luca Abele is to her, and she is just not interested in what he is aside of him being ready to lick her boots and fight a war on her behalf.
“My Fires Burn within Breanna’s Marrow” is something different, it’s not about superficial adoration, it’s about her inspiring and loving Breanna Ashworth, literally being the fire that gives her life. It’s much more personal and devoted, it implies permanent connection on both sides, not the one-way impact like the other paintings. Delilah’s effect on Breanna is profound and unparalleled, she was her freedom, her love, her salvation, her goddess and her revelation. She knows everything about Breanna down to her marrow - and owns it too. There’s also an underlying context of Arcane Bond between them, we can see from her letter how thankful Breanna is to Delilah for opening her connection with the Void, how excited she is to feel “the strange winds” of it. And this is why when you take away Breanna’s magic, Delilah abandons her. From Delilah’s point of view, her flames within Breanna died out.
Interestingly, it’s the ONLY two paintings that have names in their titles. Everyone else is “he” or “she” (or “craftsman”, but we’ll get to the science goblin next). It’s two of the most devoted people in her life, the only two she reached from the Void, the only two deserving of names. Even if she doesn’t care about Luca as a person, he worships her wholeheartedly, and it is what Delilah ultimately wants from people, so he still is more valuable to her than others.
In contrast, “I Look Upon the Craftsman” doesn’t just lack a name in the title - it lacks even a pronoun, which *every* other painting gets. Even the goddamn tree is “she”. “Craftsman” is distant and impersonal. It also lacks an active action, an impact - “look upon” is observational, curiously passive for Delilah who yearns to leave her mark on people. She and Kirin Jindosh are obviously not close. They basically use each other in a mutually beneficial way. But for Delilah, the most important thing she wants from people is worship. And Jindosh is not going to worship her, he states plainly that he doesn’t even care who’s the Empress. He also wants to solve her, like he does with everyone else (his painting is the only one staring back uncomfortably) and Delilah does not appreciate this. In her letter to him, we see that he asked her about the Void and her connection, and Delilah puts him in his place - she says that wonders of the Void are innumerable and she witnessed them, but he doesn’t have a slightest hope of imagining them. She tells him to be content with seeing slightly more than common people. Basically, she tells him that gifted craftsman is all he’ll ever be. Delilah is wary of Jindosh, resentful for not being able to affect him, and looks down on him for his limits within the common world.
“I Regard Her, Within and Without” is different. It’s also distant, but though “regard” and “look upon” might seem close, they are not similar. “Regard” implies not only observation, but also respect. There’s also an underlying sense of Delilah’s power over Hypatia, - “Within and Without,” - we know that she is controlled through Luca Abele. But “Regard Within and Without” also translates a fascination of all aspects of Hypatia. There’s sadly absolutely zero shown interaction between them in-game, but Alexandria Hypatia is obviously not someone who Delilah sees as mundane.
An insecure person will unconsciously seek out relationships with men who are insecure and who will make them feel more insecure. They will want the unavailable guys, the guys who can’t commit, the guys who have walls up. These are the ones they will feel infatuated by, not the ones who show real, genuine interest. Oftentimes this happens because on an unconscious level, the insecure girl feels that if she can break through his walls, or get him to change his ways, then she’ll really be worthy and valuable. This never, ever works. Instead, she just ends up compromising her integrity even further by chasing the relationship.
Sabrina Alexis, Everything You Need To Know If You Want Love That Lasts