-America’s wealthiest hemorrhoid
-America’s walking, talking brush fire
-Rome burning in man-form
-An ill-fitting suit full of chickens coming home to roost
-Twitter’s id made manifest
-A sentient circus peanut
-A racist voodoo doll made of discarded cat hair
-A clown made of mummified foreskin and cotton candy
-An upside-down piece of candy corn in a wig made of used medical gauze
-A clear plastic bag filled with cheeseburgers and Confederate flag belt-buckles
-An old piece of luggage covered in Cheese Whiz
-A kidney dropped on the floor at a Super Cuts
-Basically what happens if The Secret gets into the wrong hands
All over the city of Rome this evening, altars of repose were set up for the Blessed Sacrament at the conclusion of the Mandatum Mass of Holy Thursday. These seven are all in or near the Campo Marzio region. From left to right, from the top: Santa Maria sopra Minerva; Sant'Ignazio; San Luigi dei Francesi; Santa Maria dell'Anima; Sant'Agostino; Sant'Apollinare; and San Marcello al Corso.
- Reyna and Annabeth bond over their love of hot chocolate and hot-messes-of-friends who are trying (and failing) to run the demigod camps
- Reyna doesn’t like Annabeth that much when they first meet
- She can’t understand how anyone so smart would date that sweet, kind-hearted doofus child named Percy Jackson
- She eventually grows to love Annabeth’s sense of humour and smile and witty intelligence
- Annabeth doesn’t understand why Jason never dated Reyna (she’s super strong, crazy smart, beautiful, kind, stubborn)
- Doesn’t understand until she hears Jason’s stories of trying to set Reyna up with a couple of girls in the legion
- For which, he says, he got smacked in the back of the head
- “how was I supposed to know she didn’t want me to set her up with a cute girl after she told she was gay? I’m her best friend, that’s my JOB.”
- Annabeth is a little surprised, but then she notices Reyna staring at Calypso’s butt and getting a little discombobulated whenever a really cute girl talks to her
- Annabeth finds herself flirting with Reyna just to mess with her
- Reyna is slightly offended but also not because a cute girl is flirting with her
- Percy has changed a lot since their trip through Tartarus
- Annabeth and Percy slowly drift apart after the war with Gaea
- They start fighting a lot and they can’t figure out what’s wrong
- They’re not really sure why, but they end up going their separate ways
- Reyna is the first person Annabeth goes to after the breakup
- She holds Annabeth as she cries, wraps her up in a blanket, makes her some hot chocolate, and calls Hazel and Piper over for a girls’ night
- They don’t ask questions, they just bring takeout and feel good movies over to Reyna’s quarters and they all cuddle together on the couch and watch movies
- Annabeth is squished closest to Reyna and she falls asleep with her head in Reyna’s lap
- Piper and Hazel take over Reyna’s bed (Reyna doesn’t ask any questions)
- Reyna doesn’t have the strength to wake Annabeth up, so she ends up falling asleep with her hand tangled in Annabeth’s hair
- She wakes up early with Annabeth curled around her and snoring softly, so she goes back to sleep
- Piper and Hazel wake them up while whispering and giggling and just being super attached to each other (Reyna finds it so cute it’s gross)
- Annabeth slowly removes herself from Reyna and apologizes for grabbing on so tight
- Reyna doesn’t mind one bit, but she just tells Annabeth “it’s fine, I totally understand. If you need anything, just let me know”
- And Piper gives Reyna a knowing smirk but Anabeth just smiles shyly and thanks her
- Reyna and Annabeth start spending a lot of time with each other over the next few weeks
- Reyna tells herself it’s only because Annabeth needs a friend, but she lets Annabeth cuddle with her whenever she needs to
- Annabeth is so thankful for Reyna and for some reason she’s started to notice a weird tingling feeling in her stomach whenever she sees Reyna??? and she doesn’t know why
- Annabeth finds herself really really looking forward to their movie nights and hot chocolate dates and walks through New Rome
- They don’t fall asleep on the couch anymore, now they have the frame of mind to lay down on the bed when they start to fall asleep during the movie
- Annabeth and Reyna both wonder to themselves if this is how normal best friends act, if normal best friends cuddle and fall asleep together in bed
- They both decide that it has to be normal, there’s nothing weird about it
- One day Annabeth grabs Reyna’s hand and pulls her along to make her walk faster so they can get to Leo’s party faster and the contact makes Reyna’s stomach flip
- When they finally get to the party, Reyna interlaces their fingers and looks at Annabeth to make sure it’s okay and Annabeth just smiles really big and runs her thumb over Reyna’s hand and everything’s just right
- A few weeks pass and they don’t really discuss it or mean to but their relationship gets a lot more touchy
- They’re not afraid to grab each other’s hand or to hug each other randomly and they no longer question if it’s weird to cuddle with your best friend
- Neither of them know exactly what their relationship is
- Reyna wants the relationship to be more than just friends, but she doesn’t want Annabeth to think she was just using her the whole time
- And Annabeth is so fucking in love with Reyna it’s not even funny and when she realizes it she tells herself that she really needs to tell Reyna before she does anything stupid and scare Reyna off because it’s possible that Reyna has no romantic feelings for her whatsoever and she doesn’t want to overstep her bounds
- Reyna plans to ask just what in the world their relationship actually is one night during movie night
- Which is also the same night Annabeth was planning on asking Reyna out on a date
- So they’re both super hella awkward that night and can’t figure out why the other person is acting so weird
- Reyna Avila Ramirez-Arellano, Praetor of Camp Jupiter and Daughter of the war goddess Bellona actually gets nervous and trips over her words and spills popcorn and Annabeth can’t help but laugh at this beautiful and adorable dork in front of her
- Annabeth Chase, Daughter of the Wisdom goddess Athena herself, can’t quite gather up the courage to say anything before the movie starts
- Reyna doesn’t pay any attention at all to the movie and when Annabeth asks her a question about it she doesn’t even know what was said or what’s going on
- Annabeth waves a hand in front of her face “Reyna? Are you okay? You look a little si-”
“I love you.” Reyna blurts out before she can stop herself
- Annabeth is taken aback and isn’t really sure what to say and Reyna is freaked out by her silence and then proceeds to disentangle herself from Annabeth and tries to get up from the couch all while apologizing profusely and saying that of course she misread the signs and that she’ll go back to her own place and that Annabeth never has to see her again
- But then Annabeth smiles and grabs ahold of Reyna’s hand and pulls her back to the couch, intertwining their fingers
- They’re both silent for a few moments as Reyna tries to avoid looking anywhere but directly at Annabeth and she’s expecting to hear that Annabeth loves her too, that she always has, but only as a friend
- When she finally looks at Annabeth she sees Annabeth staring at her lips
- And suddenly Reyna is excited and extremely confused
- Annabeth opens her mouth to reply with “I love you t-” but before she can finish Reyna’s mouth is on hers and it’s basically the best thing ever
- She really likes grabbing at Reyna’s flannel and Reyna really likes grabbing at Annabeth’s hoodie and it’s a lot to take in all at once
- They eventually need air and when they break apart they realize that Reyna somehow ended up straddling Annabeth’s hips and that Reyna’s flannel shirt is gone and Annabeth’s hand is on Reyna’s stomach
- Reyna rests her forehead on Annabeth’s and whispers “I love you so much”
- Annabeth whispers “I love you too” in between gentle kisses and while running her hand over Reyna’s abs
- For some reason Piper shows up at Annabeth’s door the next morning, banging on it incessantly before unlocking it herself and following a trail of clothes to Annabeth’s bedroom to find Annabeth and Reyna peacefully sleeping in the bed, curled around each other and very much clothes-less
- Piper clears her throat and scares the absolute shit out of both women in the bed
- Annabeth almost falls out of the bed
- Then she proceeds to yell at Piper for five minutes while Piper laughs and Reyna sits back and just smiles at her girlfriend and best friend
- After allowing just enough verbal abuse towards Piper, Reyna snakes an arm around Annabeth’s stomach and peppers kisses across her shoulders, trying to calm her down
- Annabeth is startled and not amused “Rey! Piper is RIGHT THERE” and when Reyna just pulls her back towards the mattress to hug her close Annabeth tries to glare at Piper but she’s having a hard time and instead just manages to get out the words “Go away now and don’t tell anyone and we’ll forget this happened”
- Piper giggles and says “Bye love birds”
- When they finally make it out of bed and into the public to eat lunch, Hazel winks at Reyna and high fives Annabeth, Jason shouts “IT’S ABOUT TIME” from across the pavilion, Leo shouts something inappropriate and Piper and Hazel have to hold back Annabeth and Reyna so they don’t attack him, Calypso smacks Leo and then congratulates them, and everyone goes to see Frank for some reason and it looks like money is changing hands, but Reyna decides not to ask what’s going on
- They’re just really cute together
- They steal each other’s clothes and cuddle a lot and they love to watch movies together and drink hot chocolate and kiss a whole bunch
- Annabeth knows judo and Reyna asks her to teach her some
- It becomes one off their favourite couple activities
- A few years later, Reyna retires and decides to go to college in New Rome
- The retirement ceremony is really beautiful and Piper and Annabeth and Leo all cry while Hazel hugs them all and playfully rolls her eyes at Reyna
- Reyna is happy to pass the job on to Frank, she knows he’ll be fantastic at it
- Frank is really happy and definitely the captain of the Reynabeth ship
- Piper insists that she’s the captain, and they argues so Leo and Reyna suggest they just co-captain the ship
- They finally agree to it
- Annabeth is the one to propose to Reyna
- She does it at none other than the coffee shop where they love to have hot chocolate dates
- Of course Reyna says yes and there’s lots of hugging and cheering and kissing
- THEY ADOPT SO MANY DOGS AND THEY END UP WITH LIKE FOUR KIDS AND THE RAMIREZ-ARELLANO-CHASE FAMILY IS SO FUCKING CUTE
Reader is doing a sexy photoshoot and promises Roman no nudes then asks photographer to do a few for Roman only. Roman shows up to surprise her in the middle of the shoot as she happens to be naked: FLUFF
“Rome…” I giggled trying to get out of his hold. “I’m gonna be late.”
I heard my boyfriend groan eventually loosening his hold on me. “Fine. Go. Leave me. ” He said dramatically.
“Aw. Babe. I’ll be back.” I said playing along, as I got out of bed.
“No nudes.” My boyfriend shouted just as I was about to leave our house.
He’s so protective, I giggled thinking to myself.
Roman knew I was going to do a photo shoot and he wasn’t really on board with it.
Well it wasn’t the photo shoot that bothered him, that’s what models do.
He was aware of that.
It was the kind of photoshoot I was scheduled for today that bothered him.
The minimum clothes, lingerie type shoot that he had a problem with.
“Whatever you say Rome.”
Close to the end of wrapping up my shoot I made my way over to the photographer who happened to be a good friend.
“Mikey. Let’s do a few more.”
His head rose from scrolling through some of the pictures he’d just taken of me that showed up on the computer. “You not feeling too good about certain ones?” Mikey asked.
I shook my head. “ I just wanna try something different today.” I said letting my silk robe slide off my arms a bit hoping he’d catch on to what I was hinting at.“
But of course he didn’t.
“Mikey.. ” I groaned playfully. “I wanna do a few nudes.”
A chuckle came from Mikey before he spoke again.
Well more like a nervous chuckle.
“Are you trying to get me hurt by your boyfriend?”
“Oh my gosh. Mikey, Roman’s not gonna do anything. First he’s not here duh. And second…” I said biting my lip. “It’s for him.”
Mikey smirked at me, picking up his camera. “Alright girl.” He said motioning for me to get into place. “Lose the lingerie.”
“Yesss.” Mikey shouted happily. “I love that pose.”
Just as I was about to get in position for another pose, I froze when I saw an angry looking man staring me down.
My boyfriend, Roman.
“Babygirl why’d you stop?” Mikey asked unaware of Roman’s presence. “We’re losing the sexiness.”
Roman cleared his throat, drawing Mikey’s attention from me to him. Causing Mikey’s eyes to widen also.
“Oh, Roman.” He started. “I’m just gonna be over there. And hi.” He said quickly walking off, leaving me alone with Roman.
I put my robe on, as Roman continued to stare me down.
“Rome…” I started trying to do damage control for myself before my boyfriend chewed me out.
Of course he barely let me get out a word.
“We talked about this, just this morning Y/N then I come here and you’re doing what I asked you not to do?”
I rolled my eyes. I don’t wanna fight, nor did I wanna start one but I’m not about to be played and talked to like I’m a little child.
“Roman, I’m a grown ass woman. And like you said, you told me, no nudes, and you caught me doing just that, but seriously. This is my career. I don’t dictate yours. I don’t tell you what not to do in the ring.”
“This is different.” Roman began. “You don’t have to walk in on me posted up naked in front of some woman.”
So that’s what’s bothering him? That the pictures were taking by a man?
“Would it be different if it was a female photographer?” I questioned.
Roman shook his head. “No it wouldn’t be different cause I still wouldn’t want my girlfriend being naked for the world to see.”
He has a point there. I wouldn’t want Roman to be naked for the world to see.
Especially knowing how his fans talk about him online.
Well the female ones mostly.
“It’s not for the world to see. I had Mikey to do a few for you, babe. That’s what you walked in on.”
Roman opened his mouth to say something then closed it and I knew I had shut him up.
I walked over to him. “Rome…” I whispered running my hand up and down his chest. “I heard what you had told me before I left the house and this wasn’t me just defying your word. This was just a woman wanting to do something for my man.”
A smile appeared on Roman’s face as his eyes lit up, momentarily before changing his facial expression. “I sorry Y/N.”
“It’s fine babe. Just let me know when you plan on surprising me, next time. Kay?” I giggled.
He chuckled. “No. Next time you plan on doing something like this, let it be a woman.”
See I knew there was something else bothering him.
“Mikey’s not a problem.” I said wrapping my arms around him. “Plus I’m sexy enough to attract women too.” I finished with a wink.
With friends - usually where ever they want to go, but he’ll usually suggest a really good pizza place a few blocks from where he lives
With family - at home with popcorn and blankets, watching movies
With Percy - If they’re in New York she usually likes to go to the Met but also really likes the pizza place a few minutes away from where Percy lives
With friends - anywhere they can walk around a lot, she usually likes to see new places to get ideas for architecture
With family - she enjoys watching movies with everyone but she really looks forward to museum trips with her dad
With Juniper - They can’t really leave the woods together but he brings her lots of little things from wherever he goes around the world and tells her as much as he can about the different places
With family/friends - Usually somewhere surrounded by nature, but he does love the pizza place by Percy
With Piper - on a roof, somewhere they can see the stars
With friends - usually open to different options, he likes to visit New Rome as much as he can though
With family - The first few times he gets together with Thalia they go to places from their childhood. After a while they decide to move to seeing different natural landmarks around the world
With Jason - Somewhere they can see the stars or at the beach
With friends - She tried to teach Jason to surf but he always ended up getting hit with the worst waves (they figured it something to do with Zeus and Poseidon’s rivalry) but Percy ends up being really good at it (since it’s a water related sport) so sometimes everyone will take group trips to the beach
With family - Piper and her dad always try to go to Grandpa Tom’s house at least once a year and tell stories about their favorite memories with him
With Frank - She really likes going to amusement parks and fairs with him
With friends - She’s usually open to wherever they want to go, though she’s really fascinated with Time Square when they’re on the east coast
With Nico - They usually like to go places they remember from childhood and joke around with people saying things like, “This place sure has changed from my day.”
With Hazel - He really likes just walking around New Rome together
With friends - He’s not really picky about where they hang out but he really enjoys the Met if they’re by New York City
With family - He feels more connected with his grandma when he celebrates his culture. He feels connected with his mom when he works with Reyna as Praetor and when he uses his shape shifting ability.
With Will - Curled up together playing video games or watching five movies in a row in Will’s attempt to catch him up on everything he’s missed (Will also gets really excited when he realized Nico doesn’t know Darth Vader is Luke’s father while watching Star Wars)
With friends - Anywhere warm and sunny, Jason especially insists on getting him some kind of food
With family - Visiting places from childhood with Hazel
With Nico - Playing videogames and watching movies
With friends - most of the time they have to stay around CHB but Will really enjoys the strawberry fields. He’s not sure if it’s how colorful they are, how good it smells, or just the fact that it’s always sunny there
With family - His mom’s a really good singer and enjoys doing karaoke. Will is a horrible singer but still enjoys it.
With Calypso - Traveling
With friends - He keeps trying to convince them all to go back to Rome to get more fonzies (Piper then reminds him he’s the one with the flying metal dragon) He really enjoys Piper’s ideas to go to the beach most of the time though.
With family - Any time he hears or smells machinery he’s reminded of his mom
Christian won’t stop calling and texting your phone. You’re planning to block him, but no.. It’s too childish. You’ve done this before. Your ex-boyfriend did this before. He cheated, when he’s the one who telling you that he won’t. Same as Christian. You shake your head in disbelief. Am I the problem?
You went out with some of your friends. It’s always fun getting together with your friends. It felt great to be able to laugh again, even if it was only for a moment. You already knew that at the end of the day after everyone left, you would be alone again to deal with you heart and your thought and you really didn’t want to deal with that at the moment. So when your friend suggested going out to the club, you just agreed to it.
So there you were at the crowded club with your friends and just for tonight, you weren’t going to mind that some random drunk guys were getting to close because you were going to have fun tonight and avoid the pain that was eating you up inside. Maybe it was alcohol picturing the pain bigger. You really want to forget this pain and leave it all behind tonight.
The music was good and everyone was crazy. You love how the alcohol works on you.
A hand wrapped around your waist and you could feel the fabric of the jeans rubbing at your butt. You make a turn to take a good look of him but you could barely see his face due to the dim lights.
“You look beautiful tonight.“ You scoffed at his lame pick up line. You pry his hand away but keep failing.
“Sorry, but I really don’t need a company tonight.”
He seems to ignore you and pull you closer. You struggled and it doesn’t work. After all, he is still a guy. He’s going to be stronger than you.
A familiar sound that you know belong to 1 person. You felt a hand wrapped around your shoulder, pulling you to the other direction. “She is taken.”
Without looking at the man. You already know who just by his perfume. You want to pry his hand away too but your action win this time. You just let him drag you to the back alley from the club back door.
“What the hell are you doing?“
Silent. You let your ego to do this.
“Why are you not replying my text?“
Your eyes start to tremble. No. Not this time. You try hard not to cry in front of him. You try to remember the moment your world just end, when he kiss the girl who name Emily. It’s working, how your tears start to faded.
“What do you mean? I called you like a hundred time Y/N.“
“I really don’t want to talk about this Rome.“ You walk to the door try to get back inside. You didn’t have enough time to react to the sound of Christian rushing towards you and before you knew it, you were up against the wall facing Christian.
“I already stop seeing her.“
You could feel the anger inside of you begin to boil over. “Like I care, Rome.”
“I want to talk. Please.“
“What? She’s not good enough too? You just realize it? After playing with my heart? I gave you all, Rome. And what did I get? Ton of shit.“ You fire right back at him.
“I’m sorry Y/N.“ You heart almost give in when you hear him stifle a cry. But no. It’s enough.
“I’m really sorry Y/N. I really don’t know why I did that. I’m sorry.“ He hold your hand. That hand that you always adore. You always feel safe when he hold you like this.
“What do you want Rome?“
“I just.. I wanted to see you Y/N. I… I missed you.“
“We’re over Rome.“
“I want to talk. Can we just talk?“
“What else do we have to talk about? Your action already tell me everything Rome. You broke our number 1 rule. Number 1 Rome.“
“I’m sorry Y/N. I just.. I just want to be.. with you. I’m lost without you.“
“I’ll forgive you, Rome. But..“
“1 condition. Please don’t bother me again, Rome.“ After that you came back inside the club.
After saying a quick goodbye to your friends at the club, you took a walk wandering the streets alone. I’m not letting him hurt me again. No. Not again.
A day just change. You drag you feet as you slowly make your way down to the living room. This is the day that your week already out. It’s been a week you already off from your work. You should get back to work again.
You turn around to the fridge to grab some water. You gasp at the sight of the man sitting on your living room sofa.
I should change my lock number.
“What are you doing here, Rome?“
“I’m going to make this right, Y/N. I refuse to walk away and disappear. Once you told me we’re done if BOTH of us give up and now.. I won’t give up.“
A/N: IT’S BAAACCCKKKK. Heart Complications 3 is here! Now I’m warning you more, this is going to get violent, dark, abusive. We’re gonna see how bad the Demon side of Finn is, and we’re gonna see that he’s got interesting powers in the next chapters. This? It’s just a prelude. There’s no smut in this one, just general freakish things. AND YES I know that Finn would never be this way, however, this is my fic and this is how I feel the Demon King would act.
What happens when Finn gets jealous? He loses control of who he is.
Waking up in an empty hotel room used to be fine for you. You loved your independence. You thrived in your aloneness. After that night with Seth? Not so much. I guess it’s a good thing you’ve had a 6 day weekend in the beautiful city you reside in.
You remember waking up to a couple of passive aggressive texts from Finn from the last few days. He wasn’t happy that Seth was first, and that he didn’t understand why you didn’t come to him. You know he’s called the Demon King for a reason, you just didn’t know that the Demon would be slowly coming out in jealousy fits.
You wake up to the light hitting your face. Your eyes, barely holding open as you fully come to. That’s when it hits you. Sunday. Tomorrow is Raw. I haven’t packed. Plane leaves at 8pm.
You check your phone for the time, when you notice the text message light blinking. You’ve fully avoided your gang of misfits all six days, which apparently has worried them.
Because your phone has 25 text messages and almost 40 missed calls. You roll your eyes and begin to scroll through.
You click Romans box first, the text messages pull a smile on your face.
Rome: Are you alive?
Rome: We haven’t heard from you in days.
Rome: Come on call me back.
Rome: I’ll send the goddamn cops, woman.
Rome: I’ll Liam Neeson you.
You send back, “yeah, I’m alive, just needed a break”, before clicking Jeffs box next.
Jeffro: I get that you need space but you gotta check in man.
Jeffro: Finn has been asking us if we’ve heard from you.
Jeffro: I think he likes you.
Jeffro: I don’t blame him but for real answer your phone!
Jeffro: Just got off the phone with Finn, again. He’s worried about you. Call him.
You hit the reply box, “I’ll call him after I wake up a bit more, I needed a break”. You enter Dean’s texts.
Dean: If you’re not either dead or dying when I see you, I’ll make sure you’re one of those options.
Dean: Getting us all freaked out that you’re dead. Dick.
You laugh hard, “back at you, douche”, clicking reply. Next is Seth.
Seth: Did I do something wrong? I haven’t heard from you since that night. Call me back.
You text Seth, “no, nothing you did, I just needed to be alone, sorry to worry you. See you at RAW?”
And the dreaded 12 text messages from Finn. The lump in your throat forms, more scared than sad.
Finn: Are you okay? Call me back.
Finn: Look, you need to tell me if you’re alive. Answer.
Finn: I’m getting really, really upset that you’re avoiding me.
Finn: Do you hate me or something?
Finn: I can’t get ahold of Seth either. You two having fun?
Finn: I still don’t understand why you’re into him. It’s weird.
Finn: But clearly he’s won you over so I’ll just leave you be.
Finn: You know I hate it when you don’t talk to me.
You don’t even read the rest. You just start clicking away. “I’m alright. I’ve been AT MY HOUSE for the past six days. I wanted some alone time, because ever since I slept with Seth, you all have been fighting for my attention. YOU MORE THAN ANYONE. If I want to sleep with any of you, I’ll make sure to let you know”.
You hit send and get out of bed, not even comprehending why he’s so upset. It’s unlike Finn so much, so it scares you. You’re not dating, you can sleep with who you want. You mentally shrug and pull your hair into a ponytail before looking through your dresser for clothes to bring on the new States tour. You don’t even know where to start, but what you do know… is that you’re bringing a lot of lingerie.
You slowly make your way around the Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, AZ, catching Romans eye from down the hall. He stops his conversation mid sentence to charge at you. You brace yourself for floor impact, dropping your bags, but you’re lifted off the floor in a big spin hug.
“Rome, you’re crushing me”.
“Ohp”, he says as he sets you down gently, “I forgot that you’re tiny”. You hit his bicep playfully as he grabs your bags. That’s when he looks at you almost sympathetically. You roll your eyes.
“What now, Rome”, you ask before gazing into his blue eyes. His mouth twists, like he’s contemplating even telling you, that’s when a deep sigh leaves his body.
“Finn… isn’t Finn right now”, he mumbles as you both begin walking to the locker rooms to get ready for the show, “you see, we’ve been around him long enough to tell the signs, but you..”, he pauses, “you’re new”.
A look of confusion plays on your face, trying to decipher his words.
“When Finn is mad.. or jealous.. or basically any type of negative emotion.. something else comes out.. someone else”.
“What do you mean by that? Why is it aimed towards me?”
“He’s got a thing for you, he has since he met you, and when you slept with Seth, his someone else started to begin to show through”, you both turn the corner, walking down a long, quiet hall, “and what you sent him today pushed him into dangerous territory, a place none of us have seen in quiet a while”.
Finn turns a corner, standing in front of the both of you, “speak of th’ devil, am I correct”? Your body detects the instant change of atmosphere as he stands in front of you, almost taller than usual. Roman keeps close to you, ready to jump at any given time.
Your lips let out a faint whisper, “hiya finn..”. The words from your lips make him lick his slowly, “she haven’t a clue, has she”?
As Roman and Finn stare each other down, Romans arm hovers in front of you protectively. You eye Finn up and down. He is taller. You begin looking harder at him, his silky white Irish skin you knew is almost as stark as fresh snow. The pitch black suit doesn’t help. Your eyes trail along his elongated body to his face. His lips that used to be a wet, pouty pink, have become dry, and three shades lighter. His normal bright blue eyes are an ashy gray, followed by a hint of smoldering red. You take a step back to assess this situation. His grin upon his face plays wider, taunting you to make any sort of statement, any sort of sudden move.
“I can hear your heart beating faster, ya should probably go”.
You begin to walk past both Roman and Finn. He grabs your arm tight.
“Don’t worry, little one”, his words like shards of glass against your face, he leans in close, “I don’t have a match tonight, even if you run, I’ll find you”. That’s when he whispers something into your ear, something you can’t decode, but the sound of it makes your ears ring louder than church bells. You pull away and notice the devilish grin form on his face, gulping down a swallow of air as you look into his shadowy eyes. He allows your arm its freedom as Roman follows you into the locker room. His face almost as white as the walls behind him.
“Sooo… yeah that whole Demon King Finn thing? Yeah, real.”
“I can fucking see that, Rome”.
He starts laughing as you calm your breathing, but he slyly locks the door behind him. Roman saunters up to you, standing directly behind you.
“Sorry for protecting you”, he pulls you by the shoulder so you’re facing him, “I know you don’t need any but I felt.. dominant.. around you”. Your breathing stalls as your hand reaches up, placing it on his chest. You immediately know you want to feel this man inside you. You also immediately know who lurks out in the shadows.
“Rome, I want to, so fucking bad”, you pull your hand away from him, “but we’re gonna have to wait until this shit with the Demon King is over”. His assuring smile lets you know that’s alright.
“I just want to make it through this night unscathed, okay?”
He kisses the top of your head, letting his lips linger on your skin for a couple seconds longer, “I’m always going to keep you safe”. You breathe into his neck. Safe. It’s the one word you’ve needed to hear since you ended up in the warpath of a jealous demon. Your heart calms at the sentence, knowing you could be hurt as soon as you walk out the door.
“Rome”, your inquisitive voice protrudes with a nervous break, “you said Finn isn’t Finn, which is very understandable now, but if he’s not Finn, what do I call him”? You feel Roman take a nervous gulp.
“Bálor. He’s Bálor. Demon King from the depths of an unruly hell”, he steps away from you, “who is using Finns jealousy to bring himself out, which means”.. Roman stops himself and takes a step away from you, before placing his hands upon both your shoulders, “we’re gonna get out of this room, okay”?
“Roman, what? ‘Which means’ what”? You struggle to grab your bag but he throws it over his shoulder.
“Bad things. Follow”.
He takes your hand, peeking his head out from the door, making sure there’s nobody around. “I’m taking you to Seth and Jeff”, he mouths, just in case. He begins heading down the hallway, always looking to make sure you’re not in any danger.
“Why”, you mouth back.
“I have a match with Dean”, he replies, looking back at you, “they’ll be able to help if I’m not around”.
Roman finally bursts through the door with force, making both Seth and Jeff jump from their chairs around a smaller table. Seth throws his cards halfway across the room in shock as Roman locks the door.
“Rome, the fuck man”?
You step from behind him, the expression on your face confirming their worst fears. Seth drops his anger, pulling you into a tight embrace. Jeff lowers his head, “she has, hasn’t she”? Roman nods, stripping his clothes off, ducking behind some lockers to get changed.
“Yeuhp, she has, and that’s not even the worst part”, he buckles his wrestling gear up as Dean comes staggering through the bathroom, “if that ain’t the worst part, what the hell is”?
Roman steps back to everyone, pulling his top over his head, “he’s so beyond a jealous rage that he relinquished his entire being over”, he clips his vest. He motions for Dean to follow him out, “so keep an eye on (Y/N), she’s gonna need it, especially with Bálors jedi mind tricks”. They leave, the door clicking locked behind them.
You dig through your marked outfit box, hoping to find something colorful to pep you up out of your funk. Oooh, lime green. You pull your outfit out and Seth looks up, “need me to help”, his smile beaming with his question. You mess up his hair, “I think I can dress myself”. You turn and disappear into the bathroom, Jeff and Seth both watching until you’re out of view.
It’s not very big, it never is, but the showers have great water pressure and the steam helps you relax. The hot water runs over your tired, drained body, hoping to find any bit of energy to get through your match. You step out, a towel loosely wrapped around your body. The shower door is locked shut, but it feels chilly, even with all the hot steam. You seem drowsy, hoping you’re dreaming as your towel falls off your body. You bend pick it up, but it gets kicked away from your hand. The bathroom lights begin to flicker a little.
You shoot straight back up and look directly into the mirror. Bálor. You turn around, but he isn’t here. Jedi mind tricks. You slowly face the mirror again, and this time he’s closer, reaching up and tugging a clump of your hair hard. You instinctively throw a punch into the wall, and everything stops, except for a soft laugh. You’ve never dressed faster in your life.
You step back into the locker room, and the four boys are there. Roman and Dean sweaty from their match. You look confused.
“How long was I in there for”?
“Almost an hour and fifteen minutes, they got back an hour ago”, Jeff replies, “are you alright”? You nod, lacing up your boots for your upcoming match. Dean perks up, “I suggest we all follow her to gorilla, so she doesn’t run into DemonDick”.
“He’s not a dick”, you lace your boots tighter, “he’s just.. not himself”. You hate when they talk about him. Finn is still your friend. He’s just not Finn. You stand up, heading towards the door.
“I can take care of myself, just stay here”, you assure them as each one looks at you, almost pleading to not go out alone, “I got this”. You smile.
You head out down the hallway to gorilla as you run chest first into him. You most certainly don’t got this.
You push him a little, “move”, your tone harsh. He catches your wrist, “now, now, look at ya”, his smoldering dead gray gaze slowly looks you from top to bottom, “such wonderful colors for someone apparently dark enough to dare piss me off”, the tone in his voice is gritty, “I should teach ya not to do that right here”.
Bálor slams you against the wall, hard enough to prove a point, watching the breath escape your lungs, “but I’m not one for foreplay”, he breathes out from his nose, the playful evil look turns to rage again, “I’ll see you later”. He removes his grip, sauntering away as if it never happened.
Your match with Sasha Banks went smoothly, you pick up a win just before Wrestlemania, where you’re supposed to team with Finn. You just hope Finn is Finn by then. The boys meet you in the gorilla, your stuff with them.
“We’re headed to the hotel, Finn has a room with us, we booked you a different one on the other side of the hotel, where maybe he can’t find you”. You thank them as you all head down the street towards the hotel, draped in a long jacket, you in the middle of four overprotective men.
Roman helps you to your room, the tiredness sinking in as you can barely see straight as you get to the door.
“You going to be okay?”, he asks, the genuine concern is refreshing after the day you’ve had. You breathe out almost in a defeated tone, “yeah, I think I will be”.
You watch his face twist a little, almost regretting letting you be alone in your room. He kisses the top of your head before handing you your bag.
“I know you’re worried about Finn, but you don’t have to be. Get some sleep, okay? You deserve it.”
Your innocent smile plays up, “I will Rome”.
“Call if you need help”, he says as he heads down to the elevator. You shove the key card in the slot and push open the door, closing it slowly. An instant chill runs from your lower back to your spine.