Rec Week 2017
Fix-It Friday, July 21st
MCU Stevetony is my Stevetony. So Post-CA:Civil War Fix-its are my fave.
A stony ficlet, inspired by the photos of RDJ that hint at the possible return of the arc reactor in Infinity War.
- Comment: They’re done with Civil War and trying to move on. (Soulmate Equation is Not-a-Fix-it but everybody should read it).
- Summary: 3 Part Series; What-if they were dating before Civil War; Incudes Sam/Bucky.
everything that drowns me makes me want to fly is the main Post-CA:CW fix it fic. then nobody knows the wreck of a soul (the way you do) is the sequel. But I highly recommend reading Theory of Mind first! For the extra angst! Read it chronologically! Bring Him Home is another must-read fix-it from @seventymilestobabylon
- Summary: Steve forgets to change his emergency contact after Civil War
- Comment: It’s more a ficlet rather than a formal fic but it’s by Wordsplat so you know it’s still good.
- Summary: [MCU] Avengers back together. Tony keeps a polite distance from Cap, but starts an odd friendship with Bucky: They do things they used to do w Cap and bond over mutual interests Cap never had. Cue jealous Cap in denial that it can be anything but friendly jealousy. He’s just jealous Tony is replacing him with Bucky, right? (wrong).
- Comment: #ILiveForJealousSteve
Or: the five times Steve and Tony saved each other, and the one time they didn’t.
- Comment: It’s a breaking up and making up fic. Def a good read. And of course we know about @aslightstep’s Irreparable (WIP).
- Summary: Steve writes letters to Tony that he never sends. By the time he hands them to their rightful owner, Tony has had a brush with death, has retired as a superhero, and now has a small town workshop of his very own. But it’s okay, Steve has gone into retirement too.
- Comment: I’ll be surprise if you haven’t read this yet. If you haven’t yet, what are you waiting for???
- Summary: Tony wanted to hurl the phone across the room. Opening the drawer of Steve’s desk – and lord was it bad enough he was sat in Steve’s office, little used as it was, to read that infernal letter – he rather wished he had. No hint of them, in this room, in the letter. No hint of even a second of it; except for the little black velvet box tucked away in the drawer. The ring nestles in deep red material, a thick golden band with a blue star inlaid. In a different circumstance, the answer would be shaking, and the ring would be slipped on with gentle fingers-He’s not even sure when he lost it, he just knows that it’s not his, anymore.
- Comment: @krusca made this what-if they were secretly dating art to add more angst to Civil War. Thank you @thecitylightshow for saving our hearts.
- Summary: Tony decides to help Bucky to deprogram the Winter Soldier using his Binarily Augmented Retro Framing Tech and at first refuses to come to terms with having fallen in love with Steve. But just when Tony finds out that Steve’s in love with him, too, Bucky recovers one crucial memory: that once upon the 1930s, he and Steve had been in love with each other.
- Comment: This is one of the first fix-its that I read after watching Civil War.
Steve asks why, and Tony doesn’t quite know how to answer.
- Comment: Short but cute Soulmate AU by @wisiaden
- Summary: Tony learns what it’s like to date Steve.
- Comment: This is part 2 of @no-gorms Guys and Bots series. Read Stick With Me, Baby, I’m the Fella You Came in With first - it’s a Post-AOU Fix-it.
- Comment: Vorkosigan soothes my soul. They wrote different version of Fix-its and you all need to read it. Start with Never Eye To Eye!
- And In The Silence That Follows by lazywriter7
- Carter Cousin Chronicles by Riverlander974
- I Hope You Have Unlimited Text Messaging by Misscar
- Used to be Mine by Fangirlingmanaged
- i’ll swim through the earth (la douleur exquise) by oldglory (not specified as a fixit but this is good!)
- EDIT: From the ashes by erde (thank you @ishipallthings for this)
READ MORE FOR AVENGER’S ASSEMBLE AND COMICS FIX-ITS