superbat for the pairing thing, snape for the character thing :))))
001 | Superbat:
- when I started shipping it if I did: I’m going to say probably a couple of years ago now, when I first started getting back into comics in a serious way. I kept reading it like … wait … this is so gay …
- my thoughts: They are pretty much canonically soulmates. They love each other and I cannot be convinced otherwise.
- What makes me happy about them: Bruce & Clark are constants for each other in a way that few other people are (exceptions: Lois, Alfred, etc) in their dangerous, superhero lives.
- What makes me sad about them: WHY ARE THEY NOT EXPLICITLY CANON? WHY HAVE THEY NEVER BEEN IN ALL THE VARIOUS EARTHS AND ALTERNATE TIMELINES DC MAKES?? WHY?
- things done in fanfic that annoys me: When authors make them both into caricatures of himself: Clark being the Ultimate Boy Scout to a strange, almost infantilized degree, and Bruce being the Ultimate Emo Angst Monster. (To be fair, that last one can be close to certain writers’ canon, but there’s Batman angst and then there’s making Bruce behave like a 13-year-old who just discovered MCR).
- things I look for in fanfic: Great, balanced characterization and a relationship that has its roots based in friendship.
- Who I’d be comfortable them ending up with, if not each other: Obviously Lois for Clark. For Bruce? I really only ship him with Diana other than Clark. They keep pairing Bruce with the “bad girls” who are anti-heroes or straight up villains and I’m not about that. Like, at all.
- My happily ever after for them: Bruce and Clark get into a relationship, break down each others’ walls a bit (for Clark this is a much harder task), they continue to fight crime and support each other because I don’t think either of them could give that up.
- who is the big spoon/little spoon: BRUCE IS THE LITTLE SPOON. You cannot convince me otherwise.
- what is their favorite non-sexual activity: Crime fighting, of course. But out of costume? Doing something adventurous and outdoorsy, like hiking a mountain. Preferably somewhere neither of them will be recognized.
002 | … Snape. (Hira, WHY)
- How I feel about this character: I think he’s a complex, well-written, good character, but I honestly can’t stand him. I feel like I inherited my favorite character’s grudge against him (thanks, Sirius).
- All the people I ship romantically with this character: none
- My non-romantic OTP for this character: lol nope. I never saw Snape interact with anyone that I could picture a true, healthy friendship with.
- My unpopular opinion about this character: I feel like all my opinions about him are pretty popular tbh. But okay here’s one: I feel like, if Lily hadn’t been the subject of the prophecy, Snape still would have eventually had second thoughts about being a Death Eater. But he probably wouldn’t have actually broken free because it would’ve been way too late.
- One thing I wish would happen / had happened with this character in canon: I wish Snape showed more remorse about the way he treated Harry. Like … at some point that could have been fit in, and then it would have justified the whole “Harry naming his kid after Snape” thing a little bit more than “ok, but I found out he was in love with my mom the whole time.”
- my OTP: lol
- my cross over ship: I have no snape ships, these questions are all really hard. But I will tell you this: one time I came across a really strange crossover fic with the pairing Snape/Adam Lambert, where Adam somehow entered an alternate universe where Hogwarts was a thing and the Triwizard tournament was going on??? And he stayed at the school and got with Snape? It was really fucking weird, but I didn’t hate the fic. Perhaps for the sheer entertainment value of its existence.
- a headcanon fact: I’m stealing this from a Tumblr post but I really liked it, so I’m putting it here: Snape was teaching the kids his own, altered & better versions of the potions the whole time. It’s why the instructions were always on the blackboard and never in a book.