YOUR HP HEADCANONS GIVE LIFE nalu tho. She finds out he's in love with her because they were in potions together and she asked him to describe what the love potion he made smelled like and he was so entranced and just THIRSTY for Lucy he just actually says the truth and she's like "wait I use Dove soap and I had coffee this morning and wait I read paperback books too oh. OH" and he just sputters and can't believe he ACTUALLY SAID IT OUT LOUD and Levy gapes WHAT ARE YOURS THO PLS
Ok so i’m not sure if you meant what my favourite smells would be (I am tragically single so nothing lmao) so I’m going to assume you mean how do I picture nalu getting together
(Your’s is supes adorable tho and we can never have too much nalu fluff so plz write yours <3)
- It starts in Year Six
- They have been in mutual pining/love since year three.
- Natsu fell first a week into year two when Lucy jump kicked a boy that was trying to hex a first years pet frog. No teacher believed Lucy could be so violent and so her house received no punishment. When Natsu asked her how she managed to get away with it Lucy looked at him slyly and said “Teachers always take your side when you’re the good kid bcus you never do anything bad, so no one believes it when you actually do something bad” before just walking away to class and humming to herself
- Lucy’s slytherin heritage and Natsu’s love were confirmed on the same day praise
- Lucy took longer but she found her way there. She can’t pinpoint a moment but suddenly all the prospects her father brought to her for marriage turned from resigned disapproval to outright disgust
- They weren’t sweet enough or goofy enough or too boring or not good enough with animals or no cute obsession with fire
or pink hair
- Everyone else knew
- And they had to watch these fools dance around one another for yeAR S and there may or may not have been a school wide betting pool on for when they would get together.
- Cana started it, Gildarts was the first to lose, and surprisingly Evergreen was the one to win it
- Even tho she was no longer enrolled and couldn’t technically collect
- So Year Six:
- Lucy is renting a small cottage in Magnolia, a town a short train ride away from Hogwarts and suspiciously close to forest known for its wild and rare animals. Her and her father had a… disagreement… about bloodstatus and what she would be doing after Hogwarts.
- Natsu is basically living with her
- Despite her
- One day in the middle of advanced potions Natsu and Lucy are working seamlessly without even looking at one another, while somehow still bickering endlessly about whether to follow the book (Natsu Dragneel I cannot afford to experiment on another potion I need good grades to keep my job at the Brewery in town and I need my job to pay for rent unless you’d enjoy being homeless) (But Lushi this would mature much quicker if we used 3/4′s newt eye instead of 3/8′s and then substituted bone of Jackle in for the witch’s bane) and Levy makes a comment about them acting like a married couple
- Natsu: Pshh, that’s stupid
- Lucy: Yeah Levy, we work much better than any married people we know
- Natsu: Besides how can act like a married couple if I haven't even bought Lucy’s ring yet
- Lucy: what
- Levy: what
- Juvia: what
- Porly: what - also Mr. Dragneel your potion is set to explode if you don’t add wart of the greater toad or some other base
- Natsu: ah shit
- Lucy: yes
- Natsu: what
- Levy: wHAT
- Juvia: WH A T
- Levy and Juvia: OH MY GOD
- Levy -screaming out the door into the corridor and in the general area of the open door where Gajeel and Gray are in their Gryff/Slytherin class- :GET YOUR BLOODY ASSES IN HERE THESE TWO BELLENDS JUST GOT ENGAGED WITHOUT EVEN DATING
- Juvia: -is crying too hard to understand past howling sobs-
- *Natsu’s potion explodes*
- Juvia will not stop hinting for Gray to propose for MONTHS and Gray’s old hatred for Natsu reappears with a vengeance bcus he can’t even talk to the Slytherin house mermaids without being swarmed with proposal questions/advice
- How does Juvia even know how to speak in the mermaid native tongue???? and why do they protect her like their own?? Like sure she found a way to transfigure parts of her body to water and can spend hours in the lake
- Gray has be awoken by the sound of screaming first years as Juvia swim by their glass under the lake.
- He groggily blows his girlfriend a morning kiss, and then a swarm of mermaids start violently signing for him to put a ring on it
- being Gray is suffering
- This prompts Gajeel to finally ask Levy on a date as he will not be outdone by his dumbass cousin. He will be twice, no, triple the boyfriend Salamander could be!
- Levy is just thankful as they have essentially been dating for over two years (including kissing) but Gajeel was too dense to actually connect the label with their actions
- She is surprised at how much of a romantic he is though and understand that dating Gajeel and having a thing with him are very different things
- This sparks a sort of ‘date war’ amongst the boys as to who can woo their partner best.
- Gajeel always fucking wins and no one understands how??????
And that’s how Natsu and Lucy get together! Sting and Rouge actually get married before nalu tho, as both settle into their careers before getting married. Natsu becomes a specialist in fire beasts and has to travel quite a bit, and Lucy writes books of their adventures and details the beasts. Her book and thesis on the biology and the resulting anthrozoology of the regions become part of the class mandatory list at Hogwarts.