Updates on the balcony garden. Thyme ‘Silver Queen’ is a new addition to the sunny corner - the few hours of direct sun it gets might not be enough for it to thrive, but it’s worth a shot. Primroses are doing well in the acer pot, and the heuchera ‘Plum Pudding’ is the happiest I’ve ever seen, sending up new flower stalks almost every week.
1) annoying people giving me useless advice - just yesterday a girl from my school came up to me and told me “hey listen, did you ever try using manuka honey for your face? it’s like 50 $ but it’s really good”(sidenote: she has clear skin) okay i get these ‘tips’ at least twice per day and they make me so frustrated like jesus i’ve used everything available in this universe oh my god do you think some honey is really going to help me? no
2) “you shouldn’t wear makeup it worsens your acne” how about no, it’s easy to say this, but if i were to go to school without makeup everyone would talk about my acne and i mean THE WHOLE SCHOOL + TEACHERS. it’s an easy thing to say when you have like 3 pimples but my confidence is already below zero so not wearing makeup would just throw me into a deep depression.
3) people talking me out of Accutane this happened when i was thinking about going on Accutane and i told my friend. all my friends went batshit crazy and proceeded to talk me out of it. i understand people caring about you but at the end of the day it’s my choice, and if i would go on Accutane it would be after lots and lots and even more hours of research. i know what i’m stepping into.
4) people just being ignorant and rude i once made the mistake of telling my friend that i had a good skin day and she just blurted out “you call that a good skin day? just kidding” and these kind of remarks really get to me. i don’t understand why some people feel the need to make somebody feel bad for themselves. what do you gain?? stop ok??
5) getting noticed and labeled only by your acne if you have ever had bad acne then you know the feeling of talking to a person a noticing their gaze glide to a bad pimple you have. or getting recognized as “the girl with reaaally bad acne” . yup, it’s the worst.
Y'all please take a moment to laugh at this ridiculous animal.
As his enrichment for the day, I put two Easter eggs, a seahorse dive stick, and a blue disk that clicks together into a fish bowl. My goal was for him to go into the bowl and find the pieces of shrimp that were hidden inside a few of the objects.
Instead, this crazy octopus simply grabbed ALL of the objects out of the bowl and carried them over to his little cave to keep to himself (will post video later). What a rotten, hilarious, and incredibly smart little nugget! 😂😝❤️
It’s been too long since I’ve posted an octo update, (or any update, really), and this feisty little lady has been up to some pretty cool things!
We recently got a set of hamster tubes to use for octo enrichment, and the set had a little blue lookout tower in it. Surprising everyone, our octo turned this sweet blue green color to match it! I had seen our reef octopus before her with colors like this occasionally, but never a common octopus. We also don’t have a lot of blue in that habitat, so she had no reason to be blue until her enrichment was blue! (She tends to be more rock/sand colored)
So, long story short: our lil kraken is still amazing and surprising and the best animal ever 🐙💜