Want Your Absentee Vote To Count? Don't Make These Mistakes
About 1 in 5 voters now mails in his ballot. But many ballots are rejected because they arrive late, the voter forgets to sign the form or the signature does not match the one on record.
Those mistakes are often easy to avoid. Here are some:
- The voter forgets to sign the ballot envelope, as required.
- The voter sends the envelope back, but forgets to include the ballot.
- The voter uses the wrong envelope.
- The voter already voted in person.
- The voter’s signature on the ballot envelope doesn’t match the one on file.