a non-comprehensive playlist of definitive music and moments in the life of a modern skating fan
volume 1: 1. isu fanfare - international skating union (0:28)
2. chambermaid swing - parov stelar (5:44)
3. spider-man theme - michael bublé (3:04)
4. pchan raves about yuna - dj bijoux (3:30)
5. YeeeEEEeeaaAAAAaaaHHH - adelina sotnikova 2012-13 “burlesque” FS (4:12)
6. el tango de roxanne - moulin rouge soundtrack (4:43)
7. oooooooh - 2016 4CC replay music (1:00)
8. the sergei voronov experience™ - sergei voronov 2014-15 FS (4:41)
9. HEY! YOU! - ilinykh/katsalapov 2012-13 “ghost” FD (0:32)
10. feeling good - michael bublé (3:57)
11. million voices (eh eh eh eh eh ah ah ah ah ah) - otto knows (5:57)
12. ROAR - scott moir, 2013 worlds “carmen” FD (0:06)
13. je suis malade - lara fabian (4:24)
14. ICEBERG! RIGHT AHEAD! - jorik hendrickx 2015-16 “titanic” FS (4:47)
15. i can’t dance - genesis (4:01)
16. the all-purpose rach 2 cut - sergei rachmaninoff (4:12)
17. LOCO LOCO LOCO - shoma uno 2016-17 “balada para un loco” FS (4:51)
18. hard rock operatic bolero - fuji tv (1:13)
19. the swag song - jusreign (3:28)
20. sweet baby - andy hamilton, lena fiagbe, steve byrd (2:05)
21. tatiana tarasova reacting to maxim kovtun - tatiana tarasova (0:12; source)
volume 2: 1. isu fanfare - international skating union (0:28)
2. dirty love - johnny weir (3:38)
3. chimes/technologic - boyang jin 2015-16 EX (2:56)
4. duetto buffo di due gatti (red cat) - giacomo rossini (3:19)
5. bahamut - hazmat modine (3:19)
6. legends (techno harmonicas) - sacred spirit (7:04)
7. i finally found someone - barbra streisand, bryan adams (3:48) 8. figga please - FiggaSk8ter (3:13)
9. yo soy maria - astor piazzolla, horacio ferrer (3:21)
10. lion king dubstep remix - max aaron 2016-17 FS (1:57)
11. lonely (bad remix) - akon (3:56)
12. cowboyang - boyang jin 2016-17 EX (3:04)
13. my heart will go on (recorder cover) - matt mulholland (4:16)
14. i put a spell on you - screamin’ jay hawkins (2:26)
15. the phantom of the opera - kanako murakami 2014-15 FS (4:12)
16. moondance - michael buble (4:12)
17. romeo & juliet/the nutcracker remix - denis ten 2016-17 SP (2:56)
18. sexbomb - tom jones (3:32)
19. i believe i can fly/what is love - moris kvitelashvili 2015-17 SP (3:01)
20. iphone ringtone (MetroGnome remix) - mark webster 2016-17 SP (3:19)
21. #jotem - lara fabian (4:22)
22. oh my god i hate this event - scott moir, 2012 WTT (0:04)
A compilation of similarities between real skaters and some YOI characters. Part 1
From top left:
Otabek Altin - Denis Ten Leo de la Iglesia - a mix between Max AAron and Jason Brown
Jean Jacques Leroy - Patrick Chan
Sara Crispino - Valentina Marchei Yakov - Alexei Mishin Emil Nekola - Sergei Voronov (even though he’s russian).
Then, there’s something I would like to specify, before some figure skating fan will come here arguing, or on the other side some YOI fan who likes shipping people:
This is made just for fun. It’ s pure speculation, and my point of view.
I’ve been following figure skating for years, and I think that Yuri!!!On ice is a great way to get new people into the world of this amazing sport. When I see someone that gets interested in skaters thanks to this anime, I can only feel joy.
I think that similarities are some sort of“easter eggs” for figure skating fans. Wonderful tributes from YOI authors to the best skaters of the world and history. That’s why i like to speculate and discover them. Some skaters even found a little of themselves in it (For example, Marchei, Martinez and Wagner mentioned it on their instagram and twitter profiles. Edit: Today, 16/12 also Denis Ten!). So, if skaters are not annoyed by this, I don’t think that figure skating lovers should be. Even so, i would like to say to Yuri on Ice fandom: don’t call skaters as “real life x or y”. This is not respectful. To find references doesn’t mean that a skater is the real life version of your favorite character. It’s art that pay homage to reality, and not the opposite.
There should be always balance.
By ConvictSasori, a person who is addicted to figure skating, likes japanese animation, likes Yuri On Ice. And yes. Who thinks that Yuri On Ice contains many resemblances to real figure skating, and that there’s nothing wrong about this.
In late 1913, Olga fell in love with the newly promoted Lieutenant Pavel Alexeevich Voronov who was twenty-seven and had joined the Standart in April. From the moment she stepped on board on 10 June, Olga rapidly developed an attachment to him. Sometimes she sat with him in the front control room when he was on duty, or came there to dictate the day’s log to him. During the day Pavel sometimes joined the girls and their father on land, playing games of tennis or going for walks or swimming. By the end of June Olga was writing that ‘he is so affectionate’, and was snatching what small moments of intimacy she could, often simply sitting gazing at him as he kept watch on the bridge. Any activity from which Pavel was absent or excluded was "boring”, When he was there it was “cosy and insanely nice to be with him”
Pavel was perfection: sweet, kind, gentle, precious. At all times, no matter how briefly, she was always “so happy, so terribly happy” to see him. It was first love and it was painful but it had no future whatsoever. Voronov was clearly attracted to Olga, touched by her attention and certainly flattered. Whatever Pavel Voronov
might have felt in his heart, his tentative relationship with the tsar’s eldest daughter was love held firmly at bay: furtive, affectionate and confidential glances, occasional chats over tea on deck, games of tennis, and sticking photographs in albums together.
“We became friends when I was training in the group of Nikolai Morozov. For a while, even lived with Javi in the same house. Everyone knows that he’s a great skater, but I was lucky to know him in real life. Javi is open, very sociable, honest and sometimes even naive. And it’s very good, that in our time is important. He’s a great guy and my cool friend. I’m not ashamed to lose to him.” - Sergei Voronov after the 2014 Cup of Russia