50 quick Dance Moms opinions — drop a few responses in my ask to simply say which you agree and disagree with (i.e. "#2 - agree, #6 - disagree")
1. Maddie is the strongest dancer.
2. The contemporary group choreography for Season 4 has been the strongest so far.
3. The dancer I'd most like to work with (as a teacher) is Nia.
4. The dancer I'd least like to work with as a teacher is Mackenzie or possibly Paige.
5. Brooke is a pretty average acrobat — she used to be way better.
6. The rest of Abby's company gets such beautiful costumes!
7. I don't think it's really morally okay to say that any mother on this show is a bad mother, however I do question how much some of them seem to pimp their daughters. I do, however, think they all have good intentions.
8. Christi seems to be making a conscious effort to be less of a butthead this season.
9. Abby was harsh on the girls in Season 1, but never as MEAN as she is now.
10. I truly don't believe Abby is ever actually upset about not getting first considering her company often doesn't sweep categories at their real competitions.
11. Abby needs to stop giving Nia delicate, princess-like contemporary pieces. She's better at more mature, quirky solos like her scat solo.
12. If Paige were more dedicated she could have gone far. She easily had the best body for dance.
13. Chloe's technique isn't actually that great, she just has naturally long, straight legs, beautiful feet, a good centre of gravity and strong turnout. She doesn't work it as much as she can.
14. How miserable girls like Chloe and Kendall are now, three years later, should be a sign to the moms that maybe asking your nine-year-old if they wanted to be on a TV show wasn't a good idea (of COURSE they'll say "yes!")
15. Candy Apples' technique is stronger.
16. Their choreography is also more interesting.
17. However, I immediately distrust Cathy because she was a Romney supporter.
18. I don't think Vivi Anne actually hates dancing. I think she's just painfully shy.
19. The girls' repertoires are all far too narrow. Everyone has their own "specialties," but the fact that each girl has mostly been sticking to the same genre for the past three years shows that they are not really that versatile.
20. Kendall will probably get the most work when she's older because she blends into groups well and generally doesn't have any big major issues.
21. Maddie's expressions are genius.
22. Paige's expressions are great but maybe a bit over-the-top.
23. Brooke really looks like she'd rather be sitting on her front porch watching grass grow than on stage.
24. Brooke does not have a good enough voice to warrant having an album.
25. Neither does Mackenzie.
26. I think Abby favours Maddie and Mackenzie more than she used to entirely because she likes going to extremes for the show to draw in viewers.
27. Stars is exponentially better than the ALDC.
28. In terms of well-roundedness, Sammy Small is probably the best dancer featured on the "Dance Moms" franchise.
29. I've never really enjoyed Maddie/Chloe duets — they're too different of dancers and their physiques are way too different.
30. I think acrobatics are important, but Abby focuses too much on acro to the point where her dancers have bad habits.
31. All of the dancers on DMP besides Chloe have sway backs.
32. I believe Abby almost always has her dancers jump/roll out of turns because she hasn't bothered teaching them how to land them well.
33. I think it is ridiculous to put a 9/10-year-old on pointe.
34. The dancewear these kids get away with wearing is ridiculous.
35. I worry that the girls' friendships are being strained due to being in the public eye.
36. Quite frankly, it's insulting to see Abby call ANY of her numbers "controversial."
37. "Cancer is bad" is not a controversial theme.
38. "Slavery is bad" has not been controversial in a couple centuries.
39. Christi looks like she's gotten a lot of Botox since Season 1.
40. Holly is smokin' hot.
41. I can't blame the dads for not wanting to be featured.
42. There is no way there is not some form of compensation for the dancers' families from Lifetime.
43. The show might not be literally scripted in terms of there being a physical SCRIPT, but it is so completely staged that you cannot call ANY of these situations organic or genuine.
44. I blame "Dance Moms" entirely for popularizing that obnoxious "drop" jump in competitive dance.
45. The royalty-free music is fine, but I wish they'd just find regular, inconspicuous songs instead of trying so hard to find music that resembles pop songs.
46. Abby's "ethnic" and "folkloric" dances are a joke.
47. I support any competition that makes the decision to ban the ALDC.
48. Abby demands more of dancers outside her own studio than dancers from her own studio can give her — for example, she values someone who can work both sides, yet only Kendall and Nia have ever really shown any ability to work on both their left and right.
49. Payton will probably be a very successful performer one day.
50. I feel like the Moms are too beautified by Lifetime now and it's alienating.