Shepard Fairey, Greater than Fear, 2017. Photo by Jessica He. Courtesy of Amplifier Foundation.
In time for the 2017 U.S. presidential inauguration, the Amplifier Foundation collaborated with artists Shepard Fairey, Jessica Sabogal, and Ernesto Yerena to place powerful symbols of hope and inclusivity in three American newspapers and distribute them for free online.
Over two million copies of the artworks were distributed across all 50 states, appearing in the Women’s March on Washington and in marches around the world. “This rallying cry is just the beginning,” they said. “Let it be a reminder to us all to stay vigilant and mobilized.”
Learn more about this project — and other vital works of public art brought to life on Kickstarter — at kickstarter.art.
Ernesto Yerena, We the Resilient, 2017. Photo by Patricia Guerra. Courtesy of Amplifier Foundation.
Softly wheezing because @inashibe made this wonderful little thing for me.
I love my friend and I also love my baby Poth child, Vital. He’s lovely.
Yall should go check out Shibe and their art.
Goth belongs to @nekophy
Palette belongs to @angexci
Pastel belongs to @torosiken
Geno belongs to @loverofpiggies
Reaper belongs to @renrink
Ink belongs to @comyet
And finally, Dream belongs to @jokublog
I’m pretty sure there are more Poth kids out there but I literally am only aware of Pastel because of @blogthegreatrouge
Im…gunna put all that extra information about Vital in again…
• His name more or less refers to life-or-death situations.
• Not so much ‘shy’. He just doesn’t talk much.
• As you can see, he’s blind in his right eye. There was something wrong…at birth that caused all these glitches picked up from Geno
• He’s pretty small, only about 4'4". Just a little shorter than my Mad Scientist/Inventor Sans (around 4'6" to 7")
• He’s generally pretty calm and collected.
• Vital has the ability to at least prolong a death but not grant immortality.
• Unlike Palette, he isn’t very artsy with paints or the like. However, Vital does like to take pictures. His hobby is photography.
~And here’s some more added things~
• He enjoys small animals quite a bit
• Vital inherited his blush (kind of) by Ink
• He’s camera shy
• If anyone tries to hurt his family he will try to stand in the way of danger, even if it means getting hurt himself
More detail on his personality and Stats:
Vital is more of a quieter skeleton. He isn’t shy as he just never really sees a point to speak unless he needs to. Usually he’s laid back, even if someone makes him mad. Once he does reach his breaking point he’ll turn and book it. He isn’t going to deal with anyone’s shenanigans if he’s ticked off. Overall he won’t pick fights with anyone. Being as quiet as he is, it’s a little harder to make friends.
Disclaimer: I did not paint this whole thing. However, this is by far my most unique commission!
A fellow Rush fan contacted me a few months ago, wanting me to finish this painting of Judas Priest’s Screaming for Vengeance album cover. His late uncle had started it in 1982 and passed away in 2016. I was tasked with completing it- I think I did it justice! I can’t say I’ve ever painted on a saw blade before ☺️ Check that one off! And what a badass picture!
1. MULADHARA ROOT CHAKRA Key Issues - Sexuality, Lust, Obsession Inner Aspect - Grounding Spiritual Energies Physiological System - Reproductive Spiritual Action - Security Blockages - Insecurity, Fearful, Absent-Minded Clear - Secure, Grounded, Stable Element - Earth Sense - Smell 2. SVADHISTHANA SACRAL CHAKRA Key Issues - Relationships, Violence, Addictions Inner Aspect - Feeling Physiological System - Genitourinary Spiritual Action - Enthusiasm Blockages - Impotent, Frigid, or Over-sexed Clear - Patient, Enduring, Nurturing, and Secure Element - Water Sense - Taste
3. MANIPURA SOLAR PLEXUS Key Issues - Power, Fear, Anxiety and Introversion Inner Aspect - Opinion and Personal Power Physiological System - Metabolic/Digestive Spiritual Action - Growth Blockages - Powerless, Greed, Doubt, Anger and Guilt Clear - Self Motivation, Personal Power, Accepts Responsibility for Creation Element - Fire Sense - Sight
4. ANAHATA HEART CHAKRA Key Issues - Passion, Tenderness, Inner Child Issues and Rejection Inner Aspect - Unconditional Love and Compassion Physiological System - Circulatory, Lymphatic and Immune Spiritual Action - Devotion Blockages - Immune Deficiency, Lack of Joy, Insensitive and Sad Clear - Love, Compassion, Acceptance and Fulfillment Element - Air Sense - Touch
5. VISHUDDHA THROAT CHAKRA Key Issues - Self-Expression, Communication and Will Inner Aspect - Expression Physiological System - Respiratory Spiritual Action - Security Blockages - Boredom, Unfulfilled Creativity, Hearing & Speech Problems Clear - Good Communication, Inspiration, Creativity and Expression Element - Ether Sense - Hearing
6. AJNA BROW CHAKRA Key Issues - Balancing Higher/Lower Selves Inner Aspect - Intuition Physiological System - Endocrine & Nervous Spiritual Action - Meditation Blockages - Detached & Distant from Others, Difficulty Focusing in Life Clear - Expanded Imagination, Enhanced Psychic Abilities & Intellect Element - Spiritual Vision, Inner Sound Sense - Telepathy, Empathy
7. SAHASRARA CROWN CHAKRA Key Issues - Inner Wisdom, Death of Body Inner Aspect - Release of Karma Physiological System - Central Nervous System & Brain Spiritual Action - Unity through Transcendental Consciousness Blockages - Depression, Anxiety, Worry Clear - Perceive Cosmic Love and All-Knowing of our 5th Dimensional SELF Element - Cosmic Energy Sense - Multidimensional and Extrasensory