Hairgate aside, the DGHDA fandom is actually an incredibly problematic fandom.
- It’s a small fandom, but it’s not that small, so despite everyone being super super nice it’s impossible to follow everyone and still keep up with my dash. This is incredibly disheartening.
- There are so many amazing artists in this fandom, and they produce some of the best art I’ve ever seen, and yet I can’t reblog every piece I come across otherwise I’d end up flooding peoples dashes and I don’t want to be rude. It means liking instead of reblogging a lot of stuff I’d really like to reblog and this makes me really sad.
- Likewise with writers. There are amazing writers in this fandom, but I only have so much free time so I can’t read everything. This breaks my heart.
- The cast/crew are so utterly perfect and problem free I’m convinced they come from an alternate dimension. At some point that dimension is going to want them back and frankly that terrifies me.
- It hasn’t happened yet, but at some point someone’s going to declare Farah’s jacket collection superior to Dirk’s jacket collection, or visversa, and the resulting war is going to be horrible.
- When hairgate gets back to Max and we do end up with technicoloured hair Dirk, the fandom is bound to schism into opposing factions. I don’t want to start this prematurely, but I am definitely Team Blue.