Heroes are being called to fight in Donald Trump Conquers Marvel Universe…I mean Secret Empire #0
Okay, the good stuff is that there is some Riri in this issue, working with Tony A.I to fix Carol’s Shield. And America is present among team Carol gathered for space fight. And…I don’t know, @illuminatingcomics will love the page where Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Steve Bannon…I mean Steve Rogers, roasts Carol, I guess?
Now, the bad
literally starts with the revelation that Nazis won the WWII and Allies used
Cosmic Cube to rewrite the reality so that they would win. Not joking, they
outright go and say that. Marvel is so stupid they made their book say Hitler
was supposed to win and the world as we know is a lie. I don’t know if this is
just ignorance over how this will be read, actually believing that shit or
Marvel really wants Alt-Right money, but it’s disgusting. Fuck this book. Don’t
buy it, don’t support it, if you have to read it, pirate. Fuck this Nazi shit.
Kamala: If you bite it and you die, it’s poisonous. If it bites you and you die, it’s venomous. Sam: What if it bites me and it dies? Kamala: That means you’re poisonous, Sam, learn to listen. Miles: What if it bites itself and I die? Scott: It’s voodoo. Sam: What if it bites me and someone else dies? Viv: That’s correlation, not causation. Miles: What if we bite each other and neither of us die? Amadeus: That’s kinky. Kamala: Oh my god.
As requested by a couple of people (including @nadiapyms!), here’s a little something I recorded for Pride Month featuring Viv Vision: I decided to read a couple of relevant panels in the voice I used for Viv in MARVEL Avengers Academy!
I can’t help but wonder, given the fact that more than one writer has said Marvel is a shitty publisher to work for and given all the fully justified hate from fans towards Hydra Cap and the Secret Empire crap, if the writer of this book saying “If a brand is being gross and horrible and taking the thing you loved and using it in a horrible and insulting way BOYCOTT THAT BRAND and use the money for something worthwhile” is a less than subtle “Fuck you” to the publisher itself
- Fernanda was introduced the issue directly after Viv suggested she might be into girls
- They get along really well instantly
- Fernanda cooks Viv food she enjoys
- Viv gave Fernanda her phone number
- There is no sense of personal space in this team up at all
- They have a bunch of parallels (dead mother and brother, continuing a proud legacy etc) that means they’d understand each other
- Fernanda hugged her, and Viv hasn’t even hugged her official teammates yet
- This team up allowed Viv to work through some of her issues and her relationship with her father, which means she improved more in this one issue than the previous eight with the Champions - clearly this needs to continue
- Having Fernanda on the team means Viv would have to stop wearing those terrible red outfits because the colours would be confusing
- I’m just saying - a teammate who a Vision dates? Red Locust and Scarlet Witch parallel?