Questions from Tesla (n0stalgiaw0rld); Check my tags at the bottom to answer the next batch of questions!
1) always post the rules 2) answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 11 new ones 3) tag 11 people and link them to the post 4) actually tell them you tagged them.
Alright, here we go!
1. If you were to compare yourself to any celebrity, who would it be and why?
Well physically I have been told I resemble everyone from Cameron Diaz to Even Rachel Wood to Elizabeth Olson. I think personality-wise, I appreciate Jennifer Lawrence as a Hollywood Icon because she seems to be exactly who she is. She tells goofy stories, laughs at her silliness and is completely unabashed when everyone else is too concerned with preserving their false image. That is something I identify with - so in flattering myself, Jennifer Lawrence.
2. What is one thing you were afraid of when you were a child?
There is still something under my bed. Duh.
3. What is your favorite song at the moment?
I have yet to get sick of 2 songs that pop up on the radio; “Do I Wanna Know?” - The Arctic Monkeys. I bought “AM” on vinyl for Shawn for Christmas. So that album in general has been on loop and it makes (us) happy. Also, on Pop Radio; “Counting Stars” - One Republic. I think I may just really be jazzed because my friend and old co-worker, Brian Willet, is their keyboardist. I am excited on the success they have seen since him joining their squad. He is a really sweet kid who deserves all of the incredible joys that come with touring and recording.
4. Describe a time when you realized your passion (whether it be a hobby or a career choice).
A really passion driven time for me was the “from scratch” cultivation of a acrylic mural I did with my girlfriend Cara on the backside of the garage at her mothers house. We would turn on music, or Annie Leibovitz documentaries, study art and photography and paint endlessly. Things were simple then and I just remembered feeling really balanced within my art(s). I am constantly inspired by beautiful art, photographs and food on Tumblr every day. That is why I enjoy this space so much.
5. If there was no limit with money, where would you like to travel to and why?
Australia. I want to see all the animals! (Answered question similar to this previously)
6. What is your favorite hobby? How long have you enjoyed that hobby?
Food and Photos.
Photography. I have tried to have a camera in my hand for most important moments of my life. In high school I was so much more of a “fine-art” nut with my oil paintings, sketching, animation and sculpting. After high school, I started dabbling with digital and film photography with my girlfriend Celina, and friends David, Hayden and Logan. All of which are photographers and Logan, the son of a professional photog with warehouse space in our hometown. Everything we did was documented. Trips to SB, Logan’s birthday trip around LA Museums, painting in the Hollywood apartment, etc. We just always keep the shutter moving. My 20th birthday was a photo-party. The entire thing happened in front of the camera. It was amazing and memories I will have FOREVER. Now, even as a 24 year old, I am constantly learning, and growing into my personal style and forever thirsty for the perfect shot. It is something I really enjoy, and take much pride in!
Gosh, but when it is not photography, it is cooking. I am in the kitchen as much as I possibly can. That is another true passion for me. Doing recipe research, going to the farmers market, then getting my hands dirty in the kitchen is a pure joy! Feeding people; making sure they are well fed and equally drunk makes me smile. I love people around MY table, enjoying life. It is tops.
7. How would spend a rainy day? Indoors or outdoors? What would you do?
Indoors. Bundled up with tomato soup. Either reading, painting or watching a marathon of movies. I sulk in the rainy weather! LOVE IT!
8. Winter, spring, summer or fall?
Fall, Spring, Winter, Summer in that order.
9. What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to TV?
Mean Girls. Always. I will never change the channel.
10. Describe the best day you ever had.
This is near impossible. I have many days that have floored me….. the most recent being my and Shawn’s day at Disneyland. It was just a perfect stint at the happiest place on earth!
11. If we met in person, what would our day of fun include?
Lots of hugs. Yummy food. Lots of drink and endless conversation. Just paling around like old friends!
My Questions to You:
1. What would you most like to do for someone else if you had the money and time?
2. Is it more difficult to speak kindly or honestly? Explain.
3. What equality do you believe is the most important in marriage?
4. If you decided to go on a spiritual journey, where would you go and what would you do?
5. What makes our generation unique?
6. What do you think is the ideal age?
7. In which activity would you like a lesson from an expert?
8. What is the last thing you cried about?
9. Which is more important: The respect of your (future) children or the respect of your parents?
10. If you could give all humans one virtue, which would you choose?
11. Is it more essential: establishing beliefs or gaining knowledge?
12. Is justice or forgiveness more important?
13. Which language would you like to speak fluently?
14. If you could have another name, what would you choose?